Silat Instruction Near Seattle?

Discussion in 'Silat' started by SteveJohnson, Apr 27, 2010.

1. SteveJohnson

SteveJohnson New Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning on getting back into the martial arts. The more I hear about Silat the more it interests me.

Digging around on the internet I have seen Bobbe Edmonds mentioned here and there. I think he does a mix of a few arts but mostly Silat. He has many videos on Youtube and was curious if anyone else has heard of him or can speak to his credentials.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PendekarBobbe

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction. My own background is in Tae Kwon Do and while he seems to move very well I still don't know much.

Your expert advice is much appreciated. :cool:

Kind Regards,

Steve

2. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

Bobbe is a good friend of mine and is well versed in the Indonesian and Filipino martial arts.. He has personally trained with Pak Herman Suwanda and his brother Bambang both in the states and Indonesia. Matter of fact, Bobbe just put together a dvd set of his personal video archieval training of Bambang and himself when he went to Indonesia in 06.. I highly recommend that you check out his school and talk to him personally.. Tell him that Bill from Guam recommended his school to you..

3. SteveJohnson

SteveJohnson New Member

Wow thanks Bill!

It's nice to know he's known amongst the community. I will definitely contact him and ask about these DVD's. You can never get enough training especially with it's authentic stuff like that :)

Regards,

Steve