sifu sardara singh khalsa- Birmingham

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by airweaver, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

My eyes hurt.

2. sardara singh

sardara singh Valued Member

Krishnamurti (12 May 1895 – 17 February 1986) was a writer and speaker on philosophical and spiritual issues. His subject matter included psychological revolution, the nature of the mind, meditation, human relationships, and bringing about positive change in society. Maintaining that society is ultimately the product of the interactions of individuals, he held that fundamental societal change can emerge only through freely undertaken radical change in the individual. He constantly stressed the need for a revolution in the psyche of every human being and emphasized that such revolution cannot be brought about by any external entity, be it religious, political, or social.
    Krishnamurti was born into a Telugu Brahmin family in what was then colonial India. In early adolescence, while living next to the headquarters at Adyar in Madras, he encountered prominent He was subsequently raised under the tutelage who believed him to be the likely "vehicle" for an expected World Teacher. As a young man, he disavowed this idea and dissolved the worldwide organization (the Order of the Star) established to support it. Denouncing the concept of saviors, spiritual leaders, or any other intermediaries to reality, he urged people to directly discover the underlying causes of the problems facing individuals and society. Such discovery he considered as being within reach of everyone, irrespective of background, ability, or disposition. He declared allegiance to no nationality, caste, religion, or philosophy, and spent the rest of his life traveling the world as an independent individual speaker, speaking to large and small groups, as well as with interested individuals. He authored a number of books, among them The First and Last Freedom. In addition, a large collection of his talks and discussions have been published. His last public talk was in Madras, India, in January 1986, a month before his death at his home in Ojai, California.

3. sardara singh

There must be total attention

It is necessary to be attentive to this flow of time, no saying, "I will keep this, this part of time which has given me pleasure, which has given me satisfaction, this remembrance of something which has delighted me". There must be a total attention, in which there is no sentiment at all, no emotion. For most of us sorrow is self-pity, and self-pity is an utter waste of time in an emotional orgy. It has no value at all. What has value is the fact, not the self-pity which arises from the discovery that we cannot or can, should or should not. Self-pity breeds emotional anxiety, sentiment and all the rest. When there is a death of someone that we like, in it is always this poison of self-pity. That self-pity takes many forms, the deep consideration for the one who is dead, and so on and on and on. But where there is sorrow, there is no love. Where there is jealousy there is no love. Where man is ambitious, competitive, seeking self-advancement,trying to attain, such a person obviously has no love. We all know this intellectually, yet we pursue the way of life that breeds sorrow.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I'm with you. This was awful.

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

And the beat goes on.

6. sardara singh

THE BEAT HAS STOPED THE MESSAGES ON HERE GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH PAGE 1234

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

And now my (virtual) ears.
    All caps is considered SHOUTING on internet forums mate.
    A little advice. Leave the formatting buttons alone for a while and just type using normal letters in black.
    It's more legible. Your posts are hard to understand.

8. sardara singh

Ok thanks pasmith thanks for the advice

9. unclejunfan

unclejunfan Valued Member

To all
    Thank you Sunny for your comments. I liked you a lot but never have I said you bought your license off Mr. Poteet.
    I also think that a lot else you said was wrong. I did not do all/any of the things you reported - not enough time. Please refute them and we can become close friends, once again.
    David

10. sardara singh

bye bye bye bye bye

may peace be with you

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  11. sardara singh

The spiritual warrior

:hat::hat::hat:

A spiritual warrior is a person who bravely stands for truth with the universal, self-ignorance (avidya), the ultimate source of suffering according to dharmic philosophies.

The term is applied in religious and metaphysical writing.

There are self-described spiritual warriors.

The spiritual warrior can be described as an archetype character on a journey for self discovery to benefit others.

Different from other paths, which focus on individual salvation, the spiritual warrior's only complete and right practice is that which compassionately helps other beings with wisdom.

This is the Bodhisattva ideal (the "Buddha-in-waiting"), the spiritual warrior who resolves to attain buddhahood in order to liberate others.

:hat::hat::hat:

12. sardara singh

Sikh beliefs

'Sikh' is a Punjabi word deriving from the Sanskrit, shishya, which means 'disciple'. A Sikh is any person who believes in one Immortal Being, the teaching of the ten Gurus. The Siri Guru Granth Sahib, the words and teachings of the ten Gurus, and the baptism given by the tenth Guru. Sikhs believe:
    • in one God without physical attributes or image but present in all people and things;
    • in a society where men and women are equal and democracy is practised in everyday life;
    • in earning their living honestly and through hard work;
    • in sharing what they earn with the poor; and
    • in serving God and their fellow human beings.
    A Sikh does not owe allegiance to any other religion. Although the majority of Sikhs have origins in the Panjab, there are people of many different races who have become Sikhs.

13. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

LOST !!!

14. february

february Valued Member

Hmmmm. Can see the potential new recruits banging down the door after all that sagely advice.

15. Pat OMalley

Hi Sunny I dont see what your posts have to do with the thread or JKD???

Bit of advise, people tend to get put off once you start bashing your religious beleifs at them regardless of what religion your preaching, people like to be talked to, not preached at.

I would suggest you stick to the subject of the thread and this section of the forum e.g. JKD...

Best regards

Pat

16. february

february Valued Member

Well said Pat. The whole thing smacks of insecurity to me.

17. sardara singh

Mr February, The whole thing smacks of insecurity to me.

I have nothing to hide or insecurity .

I mearley move the suject as far I am concerned this subject has nothing to do with JKD its aimed at me.

There are somthing best left buried if I show the evidence of email ETC. of (certain material)

If these email come out in Public, some one can be in seriously in trouble with the law ?

so it best to but off let there be peace and refute from the matter.

I HAVE MOVED ON SO HAS DAVID BERRY SO LET THNGS BE AS THEY ARE.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  18. Pat OMalley

Yes it's good that you hav both moved on. But your last group of posts made you sound like a religious fanatic. I think you need to read the wiki articles before cutting and pasting them to see if it is relevant to the subject regardless of what is being discussed

19. Pat OMalley

But you also said that your posts from page 5 onwards had nothing to do with the posts on pages 1,2,3 & 4. And then you go on to preach your religious beliefs via some wiki articles which has nothing to do with the subject of this particular thread in the JKD section of the forum hence I asked what you where on about as it makes you sound like your now trying to ram your beleif system down peoples throats. Hence you come across as being insecure. Sometimes your words can be louder by saying nothing at all.

B]

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Advice which appears to have been ignored.

What the hell is going on here? :confused:

Shouty, bold coloured type, poor meaningless links.

Mr Singh, as soon as you start shouting you have lost the arguement. Take PASmith's advice and start again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.