showdown

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anjelica, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

looks like two showdowns are coming although the one with China could be averted if Trump can reach agreement with them. I don't know how Ivanka is advising her father on this but I know her clothing line is made in China. A trade war could force her out of her business or at the very least force her to accept a drop in profits. I like Ivanka wish her the best. Still its time for a new trade agreement with China.

Showdown with Russia has already begun. www.yahoo.com/news/u-sanctions-cause-richest-russians-174458824.html. To say nothing of the showdown over Syria.

2. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I think China is more open to negotiation than Russia.

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

That's obviously a very important point, if it comes to global politics!
    I hope, it gets all the consideration it deserves!

Who cares, that there are lives of people involved, if Ivanka could lose some her profit and her clothing label!
    Gee, just imagine that impact on global politics!
    I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Frodocious and Dead_pool like this.
  4. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

It won't really have an impact on global politics, but if Trump cares about himself and his family and treats his daughter like a princess, he might listen to her advise to some level. Everyone has a soft spot for their family and puts them above others after all! And if it can avert some international disputes, why not? :) I find it kind of a funny point Anjelica made! :D

5. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I have heard Ivanka is one of few people Donald listens to.

6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

That's great.

And now explain to me, please, why should her clothing label play a role in global politics?

Frodocious and Dead_pool like this.
  7. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I didn't say it should. But I have a feeling it will.

8. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Which would prove one more time, that Trump shouldn't be president.

Dead_pool likes this.
  9. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

Trump is right about some things. its time for a new trade agreement with China and its time to put certain countries in their place. Also is it really fair that the WTO still list China as a developing nation when they have the second largest GDP in the world now?

10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The rampant xenophobia never ceases to amaze me.....

Dead_pool and Simon like this.
  12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yes. YOUR STUPID COUNTRY!!

Smaug97, Dead_pool and Hannibal like this.
  13. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

Sorry Anjelica, but you need to take a moment to think what you're saying....I assume you refer to Russia? And how USA and maybe UK are going to put Russia in its place? Seriously? Russia is not a tin pot country or a wee banana republic. Honestly...remember Iraq and how the then USA president declared "Mission Accomplished"? And Iraq WAS a wee tinpot country compared to the USA firepower...

Russia is no longer a broken down country. It's a military as well as an economic superpower.

Don't get me wrong, I love aspects USA culture and admire their achievements over the decades but some people like me get irritated as, a potential military war with Russia, would end the world! And that would mean end of human civilization. Thus, this twitter sabre rattling is quite offensive esp. if it risks (even a little) provoking a war with Russia.

Nachi and Dead_pool like this.
  14. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

You are aware, that the USA aren't the World Police Force, right?
    I know, they seem to think that a lot, but they're not.

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. Dead_pool

16. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

17. Dead_pool

So, we're now involved in another proxy war with Russia,and without the political implements or indeed leadership quality we had during the cold War which kept things mostly frosty.

Kennedy and Khrushchev were intellectual heavyweights compared to the "disruptors" we have now.

I fear this has the capacity to spiral out of control quickly.

axelb likes this.
  18. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I didn't name any countries in particular.

19. Dead_pool

It wasn't the names, but the tone of your post/opinions that seems to be the problem.

In other news

Analysis | Is President Trump’s strike on Syria constitutional?

This is a nicely nuonced article.

Trump is skirting around the edges of the consitition about whether a president can declare war with congresses approvel, and what defines "war", one off strikes arent war and are OK is seems, anything further needs congress approvel.

20. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

We have a similar situation here in the UK as Theresa May didn’t consult parliament about committing our forces either.
    It’ll be interesting to see what tomorrow brings when she has to go to parliament to make her statement and face questions from all sides of the house , I think this may define whether Corbin can be an effective opposition leader (I have my doubts) , and possibly , who really wants to lead the Tory party.

Dead_pool likes this.