Shotokan Clubs in Lanarkshire

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Den141268, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Den141268

Den141268 Valued Member

Hi everyone, thought I would put a post for the shotokan clubs in Lanarkshire. I train with the West of Scotland Karate Association under the instruction of Mr Danny Bryceland 7th Dan. Does anyone else practice shotokan or another martial art in Lanarkshire. Lets get a forum started for all the martial arts in Lanarkshire

2. Cathain

Cathain Lily Lau Gar

I'm training in Lau Gar Kung Fu with Sifu Jim McLeary.
    We'll be re-locating from Motherwell to the Craigneuk Community Centre as of this Tuesday.

There's a link below, although obviously some of the info is already out of date with regards to classes.

http://www.scotlandlaugar.co.uk/

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

That name rings a bell. Wasn't he a big name in the competition world in the '70s?

4. Den141268

Den141268 Valued Member

Yeah thats right, he's still training.

5. Den141268

Den141268 Valued Member

Hi Caithin, good website, so how long have you being practising kung fu

6. Cathain

Cathain Lily Lau Gar

Just over a year now so still pretty much a novice :)
    Hoping to include Judo into my bag of party tricks as well at some point, but want to get a bit more grounding in Lau Gar just now. Looking forward to moving into our new hall & get sparring again. Pay back time for the broken nose I got last time ;)

7. Lucius

Lucius Valued Member

I got my 1st dan off Danny, years ago.

I didn't realise the WSKA was still on the go.

8. Den141268

Den141268 Valued Member

Hi Lucias

Yeah the WSKA is still going, I train in the Coatbridge Time Capsule on a Sunday night, you should come along for a session.