[shooting] Conceal-carry rigs

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Mitlov, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

After taking my CHL course and talking with the instructor about different concealment options that work well with office attire (read: no untucked shirts, no jackets), I'm leaning toward a Ruger LCP carried either in a front pocket holster or on an ankle setup. Commentary on each solution?

Here are LCP-friendly holster setups for each from Galco. Their pocket holster:

[​IMG]

Their ankle holster:

[​IMG]

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Ankle holsters are pretty good for the concealment factor, but probably require the longest time to actually draw. If you get ambushed and you need your firearm quick, you most likely won't get to it in time. They also have a tendency to get loose just from wearing it and it's not fun to run with one on.

I'd try both, but personally I'd say go with the front pocket holster. Since it looks like you need to keep your shirt tucked in, it also makes it easy once you get in the office to just pop it out and put it in one of your drawers or your work bag so it's still accessible but then you can walk around without worrying about people making a stink about it. Just wear a button shirt to cover over your work shirt if you're allowed that you can leave untucked so you can conceal it when going to/from work.

3. blindside

blindside Valued Member

Comp-tac offers a shirt tucker feature for assisting in exactly these sorts of situations. I believe they were the first company to offer such an addition to their holster, and I suspect several other companies have followed suit. So waistband might still be an option.

Someone posted a vid on it:
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti-njk_j11c"]Comp tac CTAC shirt tucked in. - YouTube[/ame]

I haven't used this, but I do own three comp-tac holsters and their customer service is superb.
    http://www.comp-tac.com/