Shingetsu Ryu Shurikenjutsu?

Discussion in 'Koryu Bujutsu' started by Bronze Statue, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

I've seen mention of this style, apparently associated with Seiko Fujita. Is this style still extant? I've heard occasionally of some people teaching it alongside karate.

2. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Shingetsu-ryu is still extant and is taught alongside Koga-ryu kempo in Yamagata. The school is still a member of the Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai. They have a small dojo and don't do embu as far as I know.

It's not to be confused with Nanban Sato-ryu in Saitama, since they have lineages related to Fujita Seiko.

3. bouli

bouli Valued Member

Interesting...any idea where in Yamagata ?

Thks.

4. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Oh, ok. Thanks for that information.

By the confusion, are you referring to confusion between Koga-regional kempo styles? Or regarding Shingetsu Ryu? (Is it the case that Shingetsu Ryu is not something that Mr. Fujita was associated with?)

The reason I was curious about it was because I vaguely remember reading of some UK'ers teaching Shingetsu Ryu shurikenjutsu.

5. Kogusoku

Fujita Seiko taught Nanban Sato-ryu, Koga-ryu kempo, Shingetsu-ryu shurikenjutsu and ****o-ryu karatedo. He also had some associations with Tenshin Koryu Kempo (AKA: Shinto Tenshin Koryu).

The schools Fujuta Seiko taught are scattered over Japan now.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  6. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

7. Kogusoku

Thanks Scott, I completely forgot about Inoue Motokatsu's line. I was mainly referring to Ueda Isamu's line. Both lines are jikiden from Fujita Seiko.