Shihan Tanaka

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Dirk Dagger, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Dirk Dagger

Dirk Dagger I Love Kelly Hu

Ok, this might be old news but Shihan Masahiko Tanaka, the Director of JKA-WF International Affairs was with us last year in february 27,2003 at the Cebu City Sports Complex. He and Shihan Iwabuchi and Shihan Takahashi conducted an International Blackbelt Exam. It was a great experience learning from the master.

My only regret was not being able to take the exam myself due to lack of funds. I almost sold my off-road motorcyle just to take that exam.:(

This is our picture with Shihan Tanaka with the JKA Cagayan de Oro Philippines.

2. Dirk Dagger

Shihan Tanaka and Me

After a highly spirited training, we took pictures with the world champion himself.

That's me and Shihan Tanaka. Forgive me for the quality of the film, I bought a cheap camera to capture the moment forever. :)

3. Paul Herbert

Paul Herbert New Member

Tanaka Sensei is coming over to teach in the UK this May. He is one of only a handful of remaining JKA masters that i haven't trained with. Looking forward to it!!!

4. Dirk Dagger

I see no reason why you shouldn't. He was just amazing. It was really an honor to have trained with him even just for once. Hopes he comes back again in the Philippines.

5. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

Why not follow him instead? Or visit him someday instead of waiting for him? :D

6. ranger

ranger New Member

you don't have any pics to attach ems?

:)

7. turonaga

turonaga New Member

you and Tanaka played? what a shame if not. he already beside you.

8. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

Neither do you. :D

9. Dirk Dagger

I wish we could have sparred. But I was really bushed after the training. Luckily for us, Shihan Tanaka is a very nice person. He smiled a lot while training us. So I think a sparring session is uncalled for. :)