Shawn Porter vs Kell Brook

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Madao13, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

This is the video of the match they had yesterday

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMBBPz6ip70"]Shawn Porter vs. Kell Brook Full Fight - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Good fight, if somewhat scrappy. Plenty of elbows and headbutts.

I thought Kell could have stopped Porter had he the thrown the uppercut earlier.

I would have also liked him to throw some nice tight hooks inside Porter's wild swinging hooks, much like Mayweather does.

That said he won and is now a world champion, fought to a plan and succeeded.

3. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

I watched the fight and was very impressed with Brook. I have to say this was the first fight I had watched him in. A few things that I saw that I believe will get him to the very top.

1. He stays VERY loose, very calm, always looks completely relaxed.
    2. He kept things simple... he used the 2 punches in boxing that are often the most effective.. jab, right cross. His jab was accurate and it forced Porter to throw much less effective punches.
    3. Porter was thoroughly exposed. I don't dislike Porter, but his aggression and intensity was more for show than it was for anything else. He landed some nice shots here and there... it showed the difference between a true professional and one who cannot adjust and comes in reckless. I had told my brother in law when Porter beat Malignaggi that the reason he could beat him was only due to size and Paulie's lack of power... but his lunging punches would get him knocked out at some point. He wasn't knocked out, but he was exposed and I think Brook will expose many other fighters weaknesses in the coming future.

4. puma

puma Valued Member

I was surprised some people actually had Brook losing this fight. I was very pleased with the result, but I do feel Brook fights within himself a bit. A very good win though. I really hope he will fight Khan. They've said it won't be his next match, but maybe the one after. It will be interesting to see how Brook deals with Khan's early bursts, and then if it goes that far how the later rounds pan out. Of course, as we all know, anything can happen in a Khan fight even if he is winning easy early on. It will be entertaining whatever happens, I'm sure.

5. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

There's no way that Brook lost that fight. He was obviously landing the cleaner punches, he was the more controlled guy... the more professional under pressure and took advantage of Porter's lunging punches.

6. puma

puma Valued Member

Yeah, I agree.

7. puma

puma Valued Member

Read last night that Brook has been stabbed!

8. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Yeah, I read it too, although there isn't any specific information available about the incident. All I found is that he was stabbed in 6 AM in Tenerife where he went for vacations and that a match he wanted to arrange for December now is on the air, because of the injuries..

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

10. puma

puma Valued Member

Bet Khan's relieved.