Shaolin Kung Fu, Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Bassmonkey, May 27, 2009.

1. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Hi Mappers,

I have come accross a flyer for a kung fu school that is at the littledown centre in Bournemouth taught by a chap call Graham on Tuesdays and Thursday and again at the Sir David English Sprots centre.

Just wondered if anyone knew of the class or the instructor?

I called him last night and he was very helpful and seemed like a nice chap, Just wondered if anyone had been to the class, is in the class or could give me a heads up about it?

Im going to give it a go either next week or the week after, just thought i would do a bit of ground work first.

I tried looking for a webpage but couldnt find one.

Thanks all

Lee

2. ndabaningi

ndabaningi Valued Member

Could be part of this organisation under Humphrey Broomes

http://www.imao.org.uk/index.html

Graham (if its who I am thinking of) is one of his senior Instructors. You'll soon know when you start, it will be Lau Gar Kung Fu; but not a BKFA club.

3. Bassmonkey

Yeah, see i trained with them briefly for a while until i found another Lau Gar instructor as i wasnt too impressed with the classes at littledown.

I just went on the site, and the class time is the same time on thursdays, but the flyer i have states that they also do a class on saturdays and tuesdays, none which are at 2 riversmeet in christchurch. So im wondering/hoping that the name is a coincidence and it is in fact a not the IMAO lau gar.

The flyer also states to speak to a guy called andrew but the number is dead ha ha.

Are you local to bournemouth ndabaningi?

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

5. Bassmonkey

Simon S, thanks for link but unsure why your directing me to an eskrima site?

Good of you to join in though :)

6. RagingDelirium

RagingDelirium Valued Member

Bump! any updates would be appreciated

7. Bassmonkey

Hi RD.

I have since found quite a few kungfu places in bournemouth, although for some reason they are nigh on impossible to find on the net. (although the sites do exist.)

PM me and let me know what info your after.

Thanks

Lee

8. jer102938457

jer102938457 New Member

Hi,new to forum so bare with me!

I know this was plugged a while ago
    Best stear clear of Shaolin
    Have you tried WUTAN Bournemouth?
    classes in Ringwood,Verwood ,Boscombe & Bournemouth
    They have a website