Shaolin Kempo referrence material

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by dostoevsky, Oct 31, 2005.

1. dostoevsky

dostoevsky New Member

I just recently started taking Shaolin Kempo, and was wondering if anyone can recommend some referrence material. The school seems to be a Villari system, since he is credited with teaching the Master of the small chain of schools I joined (ASSK). I've seen the adds for the Villari DVD's, but I was more interested in something to augment my notes rather than a $150.00 video set. Any ideas?

2. R Strausbaugh

R Strausbaugh One Mild and Lazy Guy

You might want to try eBay. They sometimes have Shaolin Kempo or USSD material for a reasonable price.

3. NonChan

NonChan New Member

I'm part of ASSK as well, and have tried searching for reference material on multiple occasions but haven't been able to come up with any thats anywhere close to what i've been searching for ^_^;; sorry...

4. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

There are so many variations on SK that material from one school might not be much help.

I've seen the Villari videos and I have the USSD videos and they are not very good.

One of the most helpful written materials I have is actually a kajukenbo handbook I bought on e-bay. Kajukenbo and SK are closely realted.

My school has 2 DVDs available, white-orange techniques and purple-blue tecniques. But it is specific to our style so I don't know how much it would help you. PM me if you want more info.

5. alcat0te

alcat0te New Member

6. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Supplemental Material for SKK

I personally like the Villari stuff. The basics of Kajukenbo are pretty much the same, but the forms are not. Here is a link to a website that has many of the techniques written down for you: http://kempo.doylepack.com/form.html

7. octopic

octopic New Member

I have written guides for my students up to green belt (I don't have any higher than that yet, so that's why I've stopped there). No pictures, just descriptions of the techniques, forms, strikes, blocks, stances (the way that I have them). If you'd like to get copies of my guides, pm me with your e-mail address and rank, and I can send you the appropriate guides.

8. dostoevsky

dostoevsky New Member

Thanks to everyone for their input. The above mentioned site seams to have what I was looking for. So far it seams to be very close to what I've been learning, with only very slight variations, although I am only able to compare it to orange belt material and below. Thanks again.

9. dwindsor

dwindsor New Member