Shadow Boxer clip: TCC movie

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by tccstudent, Aug 30, 2006.

1. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

2. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Aye, that's CTH.

His face is brilliant when he is whacking those guys about, no one can claim he doesn't have intent! :p

If you watch his form and compare it with a modern Wudang form it flows quite different.

3. wonk

wonk Valued Member

CTH?

4. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

Cheng Tin Hung

5. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Grandmaster Cheng Tin Hung to you boy.

6. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

sorry sir! ;)

7. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I'm sorry, while it is some of the better Tai Chi Demos I have seen, I am not overly impressed. It looked fumbling in places and the attackers intent was lacking. His fighting skills lacked the fluidity of frequent use.

The Bear.

8. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Booooooo

9. cullion

cullion Valued Member

That's why these demos are never a very good reference for a teacher's ability to apply their art in a practical way. For that we look at the record of themselves and/or their students in documented fights.

10. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Its not even a demo, its an intro to a film.....its meant to grab an audience, not to inform them.

I should also add that CTH was a man who made his reputation, not by demos but actually by beating people up. He would fight, he would train fighters....and it the rumours are true, he would also collect debts in and around Hong Kong. A very different kind of master to most (all!) of his contemporaries.

11. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

He didn't teach the 'Cobra' school in the 'Karate Kid' did he?

Sounds like an all round unsavoury fellow!

12. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

funny that lol :D

13. cullion

cullion Valued Member

No, but apparently he did actually teach people how to fight. Which is apparently not all that common in martial arts.

14. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

Teaching people to fight? He'll be giving us all a bad name! :D

15. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Sounds like Chav Chi.

The Bear.

16. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Sounds like sour grapes......chi

17. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Why would I have sour grapes?
    I trained in his style for years but it doesn't mean I need to buy the propaganda.
    I have eyes and can look and evaluate for myself. No-one has responded to say why they think the clip has particular merits. Perhaps you can.

The Bear.

18. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Because you then went and started Aikido....an art that dosent even pretend to be a about fighting anymore!

Which part is the propaganda?

But not evaluate enough to avoid Aikido....or do you like the skirt and jammies?

I dont think the clip has particular merit, other than for those interested in CTH

19. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I don't think you know what your talking about. It is like me saying that tai chi is just hippies waving arms around. True in some cases but not true of everyone.

The Bear.

20. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

No need for the sour grapes then.

(I'm going to start a thread over on the Aikido forum, about the great Aikido fighters, so next time I will know what I'm talking about....I expect a short thread.)