Sex and Kuk Sool

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by JSun, Oct 19, 2005.

1. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

2. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Sure, you can post every couple of minutes if something else comes to mind (I'm talking about you, KIWEST), or maybe you could experiment with the EDIT button?

I'm not saying that the way you did it looks bad or anything, just offering another way that would also work, that's all.

Cheers!

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Did not look through this whole thread, so someone may have mentioned something similar already.

Instead of looking for written proof as to whether sex has an effect on your practice or not, would it not be much easier and realistic to test the idea out yourselves.

Try this: have sex everyday for 5 days before training and after training take notes about your performance, specifically addressing stamina, accuracy, speed, etc.. Then abstain from sex and do another 5 days training and take notes. Check the results of your experiment and you have a personal and experiential answer to your question. Much more useful than hearsay, some other guys experience, med study, etc, etc..

4. KSstudent

KSstudent Valued Member

the 1st half of the study sound great!

5. dbt4581

dbt4581 Valued Member

I think I'll just take my chances.... :evil:

6. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

Point taken unknown! Can I use the excuse that I am new here?

7. MasterDunchok

MasterDunchok Valued Member

lol I come back a year later and NOW everyone's talking about qigong like it's normal, whereas last year it was all "explained away" by science and posture, etc.

Having sex doesn't affect your physical athletic performance too much, but it does affect your qi and thus, your willpower.

8. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Well, MasterDunchok, I only have two words for you:

DUAL CULTIVATION

??? :dunno: ???

9. MasterDunchok

MasterDunchok Valued Member

I should correct. It's not the having sex, it's the ejaculating. You're right. ;-) Actually, having sex and circulating backward can give you MORE qi.

10. scotlfs

scotlfs Valued Member

My Experience

From the male perspective, let me share my experience as it relates to Sex and XYZ.

Sex, specifically satisfaction from sex, makes you tired. It released endorphines in your body, which make it MUCH MUCH easier to fall asleep. Further if you are already tired, it makes it difficult to stay awake if you aren't physically active. There is a real reason why men have a bad reputation for passing out after sex, it's because they usually do from a general point of view.

How does this affect practice 24 hours or 48 hours later? Probably not very much is my guess. Honestly though, if I were in a tournement I probably wouldn't want to have sex on my way out the door to go. Having that extra chemical in your brain trying to drag you down, probably isn't something I would want when I need total awareness. I mean, you guys generally don't advocate drinking alcohol or smoke marijuana (hopefully not at all) before hand do you? Why would you think sexually induced sleepiness is any different from a performance point of view than these other chemicals?

Anyway, that's my opinion. I hope its a productive interjection.

Scot

11. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

It's not an issue for us, as we don't ascribe to the majority of "ki theory", especially when there is little scientific evidence for claims.

That being said...I live in a Buddhist temple...

It's not like I can go to the pub with pick up lines like "Hey baby, wanna come back to my place & rub my Buddha?"

12. MadMonk108

That's because I was gone.

13. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

That's great...I laughed a good 5 minutes over that lol That being said I have no life :p

So does that mean your back?

14. MadMonk108

For now;P

15. djrakun

djrakun New Member

trade-off between losing qi and gaining confidence I'll bet. Nothing like a romp to relax your nerves.

16. scotlfs

scotlfs Valued Member

The night before I would suspect is fine. I am just saying that when I have sex or have an orgasm by any means, I just want to go to sleep afterwards. That's it...nothing scientific or spiritual in that statement. Just keeping that in mind, I don't think I'd want to have sex right before I needed to perform in the ring.

17. Maggie

Maggie Valued Member

I think the idea that more sex equates with a shorter lifespan may come from the observation that a monk's lifespan is significantly longer than the general male population, see research by Marc Luy. The difference in life expectancy almost certainly is caused by lifestyle differences, sexual activity being the most obvious correlation. I doubt, if all other factors were held constant that sex would prove a strong relationship, particularly since the average nun does not outlive the average woman in the general population, in fact her lifespan is expected to be shorter.

18. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

if you buy into that mystical energy stuff, then maybe. Some say it does, some say it doesn't.

Depends if you were the one doing the work and exhausting yourself I guess hahah

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

My ex is immortal then.

20. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

That was the best post ever in this sub-forum