Several ppl beating up my friend

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by iSellPizza, Sep 28, 2015.

1. iSellPizza

iSellPizza New Member

Sorry for the mess in this writing, I can't seem get it more accurate.

So... I was out in a group (5 girls 3 boys) so we were 8 people, just sitting around, talking and so on and it was already getting dark.

Well then

5 people strong and tall looking were running towards us. I told my friends lets get away, cause they really gave me a nasty feeling! That was the moment probably we had a chance... The best fight is the one that isnt fought or something like that?
    Well noone was listening to me... When they arrived they were aggressive and probably drunk. In an aggessive tone they were telling us that we insulted their little brothers or something like that, I didnt understand them.
    (We haven't seen little kids in about the past 4 hours, so I have no clue what they were talking about)

Next thing happened in like what felt to be milliseconds...
    I tried to argue with them but they got closer and were pushing us (just the boys). One of us boys got pushed and immediately pushed back (stupid) then one of the five was getting behind him hitting him very hard on the head and he somewhat got half unconscious, now lying on the ground. The other guys were getting around him kicking him and beating him TOTALLY up, all while he was lying on the damn ground doing nothing anymore. Now he is lying in hospital with serious injuries inner bleedings, triple fractures and his face totally distorted.

like what even...?

The situation even got more bizarre, when their uncles or fathers were arriving there and telling us to leave and so on but they were protecting
    my friend (sitting on him) and defending him, they were just helping.

Before that was happening I was calling the police, in my opinion it was the only thing that could have been done in that situation, they were tall and
    probably did martial arts, as well also carrying knives, so fighting was out of question.

The police arrived 3 minutes later but they already were gone. Seriously I am still shocked, who does this stuff Now I wish I had followed them, but I was in trance or something, I never got into something like that and we were at a public school on the schoolyard.

But now, I just dont want to accept that such people get away with such a thing. To me something like that is very very poor.

Any help? I know those guys are probably gone and probably will never be catched, cause it was dark and we didn't really see their faces or any other
    identifying aspect.

I'm watching YouTube Videos now about it, but I dont know... what could I do when such a situation happens the next time?
    But do you have some advice? Any help is highly appreciated! I am very thin but I could never ever fight someone, I couldn't even have fought one of them!
    If I would be alone, well okay... I can run, but in a group it's a different story!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Sounds like a difficult one man. They were just looking for a fight they knew they could win. Stand up straight and tell them rudely that you don't know who they are and that they should depart. This works for me when I younger but that was my local area and I looked like I wanted to fight too. Running might have been your best chance. Look up Geoff Thompson for good books on stuff like this.

3. Bruised Lee

Bruised Lee Valued Member

My advice would be to get yourself out of there, self preservation. You said 'let's get away' its up to your friends if they do so or not. Unfortunately your friend ended up in a bad way and I wish them well however it could have been all of you in hospital. In these situations you will likely have a gut feeling of whether to stay or go, going against your gut feeling on that occasion could have got you killed. Its the valiant thing to stay with your mates but not always the smartest

4. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Jesus.

If its any consolation I think you did everything you could.

Although this will come as no help: sometimes things happen and they are out of your hands. This sounds like one of them.

If you are concerned about your own physical prowess then I'd take up a contact sport/combat sport and join a gym. If that's really not you then just chalk it up to a hideous experience that got delt and move on. Maybe next time your friends will heed your warnings.

Sorry to hear your story.

5. iSellPizza

iSellPizza New Member

Thanks for the answers. I couldn't leave them alone, if they had attacked the girls I would have fought them to death seriously, but they didn't.

Also the police arrived really quick, but somehow it doesnt matter, they were quicker.

Maybe next time we better stay at more crowded places, with lots of ppl.

I just cant understand it how you can kick someone one the ground... you know what I mean... 5 people 1 guy on the ground... idk...poor individuals.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  6. Knee Rider

Cowards and bullies mate.

7. Bruised Lee

Bruised Lee Valued Member

Fair point about not leaving the girls but its pretty safe to assume the guys were looking to beat just the guys. To echo Knee Rider this stuff just happens, wrong place wrong time. Its unlikely to happen again but lessons learned, hang out somewhere else. However it'll do no harm to get some basic training under your belt, learn to hit properly and cover up- if you're unfortunate to be involved in anything else at least you can get a few good shots in before running away ;-)

8. iSellPizza

iSellPizza New Member

I also got a knife, which is felt not seen :) But scared they use it against me.

But I didnt have it on me that one time. Well again thank you guys for your answers, this felt really good.

9. Knee Rider

I would heartily recommend not using or carrying a knife dude. For legal reasons and for the problems of force escalation!

10. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Sometimes you get stomped. If it makes you feel any better, they'll probably end up in the nick for one thing or another soon enough.

11. iSellPizza

iSellPizza New Member

I am very reluctant to use the knife, it's only for defending the honour of a women. Don't take it the wrong way, it's just I feel safer with one, especially after I have seen that.

And yes I wish they would end up in prison, sooner or later.

Thanks to all

12. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

if you carry a knife and pull it out, then suddenly you've massively escalated the situation. are you ready to do something like that?

13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

What do you mean "defend the honour of women"?

14. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Sorry about your experience.

If you choose to carry a weapon, of any sort, be well-trained with it, be aware of the laws about its use, and always have it somewhere you can easily deploy it. If you can't or won't do those things, then leave the weapon at home.

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Honour is not worth anything, especially stabbing someone over, you can fight for your own and others safety, even up to lethal force, but most fights are not that serious, and are not worth killing someone over.

16. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Sorry to hear about your experience!! Hope it doesn't happen again.

Can you tell us what country/state/province you are in as that might give us a better starting point for advising you on what you can do/how you can be armed(or not) etc?

You mention carrying a knife. You also mention that the other guys were carrying knives. Is this a common practice where you live and are there penalties for carrying a weapon or something else? When you talk about protecting the girls honour do you mean stopping them from being sexually violated or do you mean that you don't want the guys to make fun of them or something? Do women get raped a lot in your area if that is your concern?

It's too bad that although you could see that they were carrying knives that no one was able to see their faces. I am glad your police are so efficient! Many of us would be thankful for police that arrived that quickly. I bet that they took a full statement and they are looking for your friends attackers! I am sure the information about the attack is available online or in the news. I would like to think that they have a chance at finding something out to prevent further attacks like this one.

I am curious as to where this situation occurred. Were you in an area where people are normally partying since the attackers were drunk? What sort of time of day was this? Were you out in the early evening or was this when the bars were closing down at night and many of the people coming out might be tipsy? Again this type of information would make it easier for us to advise you on possible things you could be doing to minimize the chance of getting attacked again.

Please let us know so we can try to help you further!

Regards

LFD

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  17. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Hmm it's odd that the OP hasn't been back to check his post/thread (signed in) for a day or so. Would really like to be helpful but it's difficult when we don't know any real information about the events.

Come back pizza seller!! :' D

LFD

18. WelshMikey

WelshMikey New Member

Sorry about your experience. In my youth I was in a similar scenario except my friends were the smart ones that ran and I stayed thinking they might attack the girls who didn't run. Somehow I came out of that fight unhurt, they were weak so I got lucky, I am sorry your friend was not so lucky.

I don't know where you live, I am in the UK and the legality of using GEL Defence sprays like FARB is questionable, but if not misused it could "help" in that situation provided they work (never tried one myself) and it is safer than carrying a knife for sure.

I have seen many debates on their legality, the problem is they are technically a projectile for self defense which in theory makes them illegal, but I have heard stories (don't know how valid) of them being used and the police not taking it any further and they advertise as being 100% legal in the uk, its your call, just a suggestion.

UPDATE: I just had a look at a video of these Gel Sprays, they are different to the ones they first produced, originally the foam expanded loads covering a large area and becoming very thick, now it just looks like a can of spray paint with a strong dye. Not so good, might just irritate the attacker, but it will still help with identification.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015