sever, infrazael & iamraisen: prophets of doom

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by iamraisen, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Teh bump :Angel:
    Anybody into Trivium? I'm off to see them, Three Inches of Blood and someone else next month (my friend loves Three Inches of Blood and I'll go and see pretty much anyone if they're playing locally), but I haven't heard any of their stuff? Worth a night out?

2. DaveMustaine

DaveMustaine New Member

I saw a trivium music vid on tv. First time I ever heard them, and I thought they were pretty good. As far as 3 inches of blood is concerned, don't get me started. Currently one of my favorite bands. I can't stop listening to their cd advance and vanquish!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  3. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

good to see this thread back up again :D i havnt heard of either of those bands but am now going to check them out!

4. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

5. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

What are Trivium like? Recommend a few songs?

Necrophagist are great!

Any Death fans here?

6. DaveMustaine

DaveMustaine New Member

Wow, I totally disagree but to each his own.

Edit: after checking out two of the bands you posted, it's probably only because I like singing, not screaming.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  7. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

im more a fan of deathmetalthan death in general ;)
    dont bother with trivium if you like necrophagist!lol they will\ seem pale in comparison.

8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Yeah, Trivium are a bit emo-ey and whiney, but they're playing 20mins away from where I live which means I must go - we haven't had anything resembling a decent gig around here in ages! One of my friends loves cheesy metal (Mercyful Fate are his all time favourite band) so obviously 3 Inches of Blood are high on his list. I just hope Lordi never play around here, I'll be dragged to see them

9. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Death own you. RIP Chuck Schuldiner. What a great guitarist and creative mind. Oh, and Death's version of Painkiller totally destroys the Priest version IMO. :cool:

10. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

lol le cheese. im a fan of cheese when its in power metal form eg. dragonland!

11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Now Kamelot - THAT'S good cheesy metal. A gig's a gig around these parts though - I haven't been to a decent one locally since Lamb of God played here in December

12. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

if you like lamb of god check out byzantine. they are also on prosthetic records and sound quite similar. good tunes are as follows 'jeremiad' and 'hatfield'

any one heard the new cephalic carnage album yet? ive only got one track so far and it is pretty good, should be buying the album next month when i get some johnny cash.

13. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Meh, Meshuggah owns all.

14. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

:cool:

15. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I just heard Meshuggah's new album 'Catch 33' - it's pretty bloody good
    Anybody heard Boris? They're a Japanese epic doom/ psychedelia band and they're great. Think a mix of Meshuggah, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Mogwai, Sabbath and Neurosis and you'll be pretty close. It's not easy listening, but it's certainly dark and heavy. They're new album 'At Last Feedbacker' is particularly recommended if you're into the dark ambient/ noise scenes
    Loving that sig, by the way, Iamraisen. What's wrong with emo though? I'm gonna put on a Funeral for a Friend CD and cry for an hour now :cry: ;)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  16. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Because Emo is trying to combine creepiness, depressing music, new-agey alternative crap, punk, pop and metal together (or at least the sentimental aspects of doom metal). . . . which fails miserably.

17. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'm aware of the crappiness that is emo, I was being sarcastic :) We've got so many crappy emo bands around here that I'm running out of bottles to chuck at them

18. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

LOL its the best sig ever :D i got it from a metal band called axis of evil. they are so cheesy, its great, but it doesnt matter what they sound like with a slogan like this one :cool:

me and my brother have just started a band and he has tabbed out some of his guitar riffs, which are stupidly crazy, and put them to midi format. i best get practicing!

19. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Record a track sometime in the future and upload an mp3 for us...... post haste! :D

20. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

Hey guys - can you tell me what else I should listen too if I really really really love White Zombie?