Seventh's Super Sexy Sushi Time

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Seventh, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Spent the last 3 days walking around for an average of 5 hours in the morning delivering flyers. Those my workouts right there.

2. Seventh

Workout A:
    2012/06/31

Warm Up:
    - Shadow Boxing 1 x 2 minute round
    - Joint Rotations

Main:
    - Pistol Squats 3 x 6 reps
    - Overhead Press (@ Black Band) 3 x 5 reps
    - Dips 4 x 6 reps
    - Plank 3 x 30 sec
    - Bicep Curls (@ Red Band) 3 x 10 reps
    - Back Flyes (@ Red Band) 3 x 10 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - 2.4 cups (600ml) of 2% milk
    - Joint Rotations

Notes:
    - Consumed roughly 2750 calories, 300 grams of carbohydrates, 99 grams of fat, and 170 grams of protein.

3. Seventh

Misc:
    2012/07/03

Warm Up:
    - Subari 1 x 50 reps
    - Joint Rotations

Main:
    - Wide Grip Knuckle Push Ups 8 x 10 reps
    - Calve Raises (@ Elevated) 7 x 10 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching

Notes:
    - Roughly consumed 3000 calories, 400 grams of carbohydrates, 88 grams of fat, and 145 grams of protein.

4. Seventh

Workout B:
    2012/07/04

Warm Up:
    - Joint Rotations

Main:
    - Door Pull Ups 3 x 5 reps
    - Pistol Squats 3 x 6 reps
    - Upright Row (@ Red Band) 3 x 10 reps
    - Wrist Curl Palms ~In and Out~ (@ Red band) 3 x 15 reps
    - Leg Curl (@ Red Band) 3 x 10 reps
    - Plank 3 x 30 sec

Cool Down:
    - Joint Rotations
    - Stretching
    - 3 Cups (750ml) of 2% milk
    - 1 Banana

Notes:
    - Upright Rows were done light to test it out. I like the exercises, will probably keep it
    - Pistol Squats are still the same.
    - Sleep was poop, but water/food consumption was good.
    - Roughly consumed 4800 calories, 630 grams of carbohydrates, 140 grams of fat, and 270 grams of protein.

5. Seventh

Workout C:
    2012/07/06

Warm Up:
    - Joint Rotations

Round 1:
    - Push Ups 1 x 23 reps
    - Squats 1 x 34 reps
    - Inverted Bodyweight Rows 1 x 12 reps

Round 2:
    - Push Ups 1 x 26 reps
    - Squats 1 x 36 reps
    - Inverted Bodyweight Rows 1 x 15 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations
    - 2.4 cups (600ml) of 2% milk

Notes:
    - Workout C is a Tabata Protocol. It is composed of three exercises, Knuckle Push Ups, Air Squats, and Inverted Bodyweight Rows. You do each exercise for as many reps as you possibly can for 30 seconds. You finish a round once you complete each exercise. You then get a rest period for 2 minutes, then you repeat.
    - I went for only 2 rounds this time, as I haven't done this workout in a bit. Good idea too, because after two rounds, I was unbelievably tired.
    - Sleep was poopy, food and water consumption were fine.
    - Roughly consumed 3570 calories, 510 grams of carbohydrates, 111 grams of fat, and 181 grams of protein.

6. Seventh

Taking a break today, as I am starting boxing for the summer tomorrow. Gonna rest up today and see how I feel after boxing tomorrow, so I can adapt my workout schedule if needed.

7. Seventh

Boxing:
    2012/07/10

Warm Up:
    - Skipping for 10-15 minutes
    - Light Shadow Boxing

Main:
    - Some 1-on-1 instruction on stance, Jab, and Cross.
    - Pad Work working with Jab and Cross
    - Heavy Bag Work 8 x 2 minute rounds

Cool Down:
    - Skipping for 5-10 minutes
    - Push Ups 2 x 10 reps
    - Crunches (ugh) 2 x 10 reps
    - Burpees (UGH) 1 x 15 reps
    - Stretching

Notes:
    - First lesson, had a lot of fun. Like, a lot. I'M FINALLY ABLE TO HIT SOMETHING!!
    - Coachs were impressed with my Jab and Cross, said that for a beginner boxer I was quite good. They said I had good footwork too.
    - I'm not perfect though (sadly), and I know between the Jab and Cross, the Jab is my weaker punch. I'm missing that snap. My stance also deteriorates here and there, with my stance essentially closing up and becoming narrower. It's probably my old training habits, since I'm used to a closer stance for kicking and what not.
    - Hitting a heavy bag is nothing compared to shadow boxing. I thought I was tired after a couple of rounds of shadow boxing, I was proven wrong by the heavy bag.
    - SCREW SKIPPING.
    - Feeling a nice burn in my forearms, deltoids, and calves.
    - Why you so long wraps!?
    - Overall, so much fun, after 6-7 dry month's of no training, this is refreshing.
    - Roughly consumed 3886 calories, 272 grams of protein, 378 grams of carbohydrates, 143 grams of fat, and 5472 grams of water.

8. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

So glad to read that you've made it into some training that you enjoy! Keep it up!

9. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

yay hitting things!

10. Seventh

Boxing:
    2012/07/12

Warm Up:
    - Joint Rotations

Main:
    - 6 x 2 minute rounds on Heavy Bag
    - 2 x 2 minute footwork drills
    - Some Technique work/Shadow Boxing
    - Push Ups 1 x 12 reps
    - Burpees 1 x 10 reps
    - Crunches 1 x 15 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching

Notes: Still a lot of fun! I'm really enjoying this. Feeling sore of course, especially in the calves, but honestly, it doesn't beat the euphoric rush that I get from training. I think I may be an addict haha.

Working the Jab(especially the jab) and Crosses on the heavy bag, as well as some 1-2's, 1-2-1's, 1-1-2's, and finally some 1-2-1-2's. Mostly aiming high at the my head height, but I threw in some Right Crosses to the body. Every now and then with my cross I'll hit it badly that my outer knuckles will connect with the bag instead, and send the bag spinning off to the side. Not good, have to work on my accuracy with the Right Cross some more. 1-2-1-2's need a bit of work as well, as after the first Jab n' Cross, I start to lean forwards and over-extend myself. Overall though, the combinations are feeling really, really nice, can't wait to for my next session.

Oh, and another thing, SCREW SKIPPING.

Sleep was alright, food and water consumption was decent.

Consumed roughly 3845 calories, 285 grams of Protein, 341 grams of Carbohydrates, 152 grams of Fat, and 5718 grams of Water

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  11. Seventh

Misc:
    2012/07/13

Warm Up:

Main:
    - Push Ups 5 x 10 reps

Cooldown:
    - Lots of stretching.

Notes: Had a nice 2 hour nap, so that was nice. Sleep was good, as wel as food and water consumption.

Roughly consumed 2300 calories, 133 grams of Protein, 260 grams of Carbohydrates, 80 grams of Fat, and 4750 grams of Water

12. Seventh

Boxing:
    2012/07/14

Warm Up:
    - Joint Rotations

Main:
    - 7 x 2 minute rounds on Heavy Bag
    - Pad Work
    - Push Ups 5 x 10 reps
    - Burpees 4 x 10 reps
    - Crunches 5 x 15 reps
    - Leg Lifts 5 x 10 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching

Notes: Hard class, was tipsy by the time it was over. Feeling great about it though lol. Pad Work today focused on mixing in footwork and evasive movement (bobbing, weaving, slipping, head movement, etc.), while the coach fired off some shots. Coach said that I had pretty good movement, but mentioned that I become off balance every now and then. It's been a while since I was properly punched at, so the pad work was nice. I did accidentally react to a punch by stepping off to the side and jabbing at the pad, which was quite embarrassing because I nailed coach in the arm. Other then that, I just need more practice!

Heavy bag is feeling good, and I'm getting the 1's, 1-2's, and 1-2-1's done. My double jab (1-1's) are still slow, and I'm either taking to long, or not retracting the arm properly, leaving it hanging and half assing the second jab. My hands don't hurt as much now though, and my stamina and strength is improving, albeit a little bit.

Skipping must be the invention of the Devil of Boxing so he could amuse himself by watching me smack myself in the back of the head, or get tangled and somehow re-enact a Bondage scene all by myself.

Other then that, Sleep was alright, food and water consumption was decent.

Consumed roughly 3845 calories, 260 grams of Protein, 390 grams of Carbohydrates, 140 grams of Fat, and 4780 grams of Water.

13. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

my doubles are insanely slow too.

and im just starting to understand hip rolling.

14. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Re-support! Keep up the good job!

15. Seventh

Workout:
    2012/07/16

Warm Up:
    - Shadow Boxing 3 x 2 minute rounds
    - Joint Rotations

Main:
    - Pistol Squats 2 x 3 reps
    - Door Pull Ups 3 x 5 reps
    - Dips 3 x 6 reps
    - Bicep Curls (@ Red Band) 5 x 10 reps
    - Elevated Chest Push Ups 5 x 10 reps
    - Leg Lifts 5 x 10 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations

Notes: After a week to two off, felt pretty strong while doing this.

Pistol Squats were done with little assistance to see how things went. Things went okay. Some of reps resulted in me tipping over, and on one rep I managed I used a towel to momentarily pull myself back up as I was off balance. Managed to get 3 clean reps for 2 sets, as the full pistol squat is quite hard on the legs lol.

Other then that, I need to increase the sets, intensity, and reps on the Pull Ups and Dips a bit, as they aren't as challenging as they used to be.

Sleep was okay, food consumption could have been more consistent, but I'm pleased with water consumption.

Consumed roughly 3540 calories, 230 grams of Protein, 380 grams of Carbohydrates, 120 grams of Fat, and 4447 grams of Water.

Gonna go sleep now haha.

16. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

hip rolling?

17. Seventh

Boxing:
    2012/07/17

Boxing:
    2012/07/14

Warm Up:
    - Joint Rotations

Main:
    - 6 x 2 minute rounds on Heavy Bag
    - Pad Work working specifically Hooks
    - 3 x 30 sec punch out drill on Heavy Bag
    - Push Ups 4 x 10 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching

Notes: Working on the Hook today! Left hook seems kinda weird for me, right Hook seems a bit more natural, which is to be expected. Couple of things I need to pay attention to and work on is: Keeping my balance when pivoting for Hooks, especially when adding them into my combinations (legs play a huge part here), bringing that punch back to guard ASAP as with any other punch, and finally keeping the arm horizontally straight.

Spent a round on the Heavy Bag drilling it. On the topic of Heavy Bag, my 1-2's are feeling good, I've started to get the distancing down, hitting the bag just before my fist fully extends. Incorporating evasive movement with my 1-2's is starting to feel good. One example being Jab-Cross-Bob n' Weave Right-Jab-Cross-Jab. Overall my evasive movement feels good. Need to incorporate more slips in my combos, as I frequently Bob n' Weave instead, mostly after a Right Cross. My 1-1's are still dreadfully slow though, need to get that arm back dammit.

Speaking of which, I corrected one of my major problems with the Jab. I wasn't turning my fist around enough, Before, when I hit the Pads with the Instructor, it sounded dead, but after adding a little more twist and snap, it produced a nice sound effect, which I assume is good when hitting the pads. It also forced my to roll my shoulder more, which is another thing I have a mild difficulty with, so that was a bonus.

Other then that, just need work harder, harder, and harder. Best of all, I'm having fun again!

Sleep was alright, food and water consumption was decent.

Consumed roughly 3810 calories, 230 grams of Protein, 450 grams of Carbohydrates, 120 grams of Fat, and 6740 grams of Water.

18. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Drawing power from the ground up and foowork

19. Seventh

Boxing:
    2012/07/20

Warm Up:
    - Skipping for 5 minutes
    - Shadow Boxing 1 x 1 minute round
    - Joint Rotations

Main:
    - Heavy Bag Work 7 x 2 minutes
    - Pad Work
    - Push Ups 5 x 10 reps
    - Burpees with Squat Jump 5 x 10 reps
    - Crunches 5 x 10 reps
    - Plank Ups 5 x 10
    - Diamond Push Ups 5 x 10 reps
    - Leg Lifts 5 x 10 reps
    - Squat Jumps with Tuck Knees 5 x 10 reps
    - Punch Out Drill on Heavy Bag 4 x 30 sec

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations

Notes: Exhausting session, didn't get much sleep as I wanted the night before so I felt sort of ill after. Looking back though I'm proud I conquered it.

Pad Work focused on combinations and specifically movement. Need to work on my maintaining my balance and stance when moving, especially for the hooks. Need to work on timing and especially accuracy. Steve (one of the instructors) says I'm good, but my personal standard hasn't been met, need to train harder, much harder. Probably should sleep more too.

Heavy Bag work was good, Jabs are feeling very good. 1-2's, 1-2-1's, and 1-2-1-2's are feeling much better as well. Working in Hooks as well, but they still need much practice.

Also went over slipping, bobbing, and bob n' weaving with Patrick (another instructor), and incorporated it into my heavy bag work. Patrick says that it looks good, especially my bob n' weaves. I still bob n' weave to much though, need to incorporate more slipping.

The bodyweight exercises were done as a fast pace circuit, no resting at all. Coupled with the hard heavy bag rounds as well as the punch out drills, my upper body was thoroughly dead by the end of the night.

Sleep was poo, water and food consumption was good.

Consumed roughly 4000 calories, 260 grams of Protein, 440 grams of Carbohydrates, 140 grams of Fat, and 6370 grams of Water.

20. Seventh

Boxing/Fitness Circuit:
    2012/07/21

Warm Up:
    - 10 minutes of skipping

Main:
    - Heavy Bag 4 x 2 minute rounds
    - Pad Work

(Circuit):

Round 1:
    - Pull Ups 1 x 8 reps
    - Inverted Bodyweight Rows (using a TRX) 1 x 10 reps
    - Hanging Leg Lifts 1 x 15 reps
    - Decline Crunches 1x 20 reps
    - Heavy Bag Work 1 x 1 minute
    - 1 minute rest

Round 2:
    - Push Ups 1 x 10 reps
    - 5m jog carrying Medicine Ball (@10lbs) overhead 1 x 10 reps
    - Squats with Overhead Press (@two 5lbs Dumbbells) 1 x 10 reps
    - V-Ups (Legs wrapped around Swiss Stability ball, hands holding 6lb medicine ball) 1 x 10 reps
    - 1 minute rest

Round 3:
    - Pull Ups 2 x 7 reps
    - Inverted Bodyweight Rows (using a TRX) 2 x 7 reps
    - Hanging Leg Lifts 3 x 7 reps
    - Decline Sit Ups with Medicine ball (@6lbs), explosively tossing it into the air at top of each Sit Up, catching, and repeat 1x 10 reps
    - 1 minute rest

Round 4:
    - Push Ups 1 x 10 reps
    - Squats with Overhead Press (@ two 5lbs Dumbbells) 1 x 10 reps
    - V-Ups (Legs wrapped around Swiss Stability ball, hands holding 6lb medicine ball) 1 x 10 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching

Notes: Absolutely and positively exhausting. Felt completely tipsy by the time it was over, but nonetheless, it was fun as hell.

My combo's on the heavy bag are feeling better and better, and by the last round I had this awesome rhythm going. I'm tossing in some hooks, slips, and bob n' weaves as well, and it's feeling nice. Got some nice speed and power too. I think I may be hitting to hard with my right cross then my hand is accustomed to because was, and still is, quite sore after the practice. As I type this out though it is feeling better.

My jab on the pads is sketchy, I either miss a bit, lack the snap, or misjudge the distance. Hitting pads over all still needs work. Also worked left jab-right cross-bob n' weave-right cross on the pads as well, that is feeling good.

Overall, an utterly exhausting but fun class.

Consumed roughly 3280 calories, 260 grams of Protein, 240 grams of Carbohydrates, 150 grams of Fat, and 4710 grams of Water.