Sensei Coyle (Koyo)'s Memorial

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by makotokai, Feb 9, 2011.

1. embra

embra Valued Member

Lorraine, your Dad was one of the funniest people I have ever met and was not one for heirs and graces.

2. lorrainemccoll

lorrainemccoll Valued Member

Yip, never a truer word said :) his houmor is magical and always had us in fits whilst he just stands there all straight faced and saying: WHAT, WHAT U LAUGHING AT :) :) :).

Sadly missed but never to be forgotten xxx

3. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I had the immense pleasure of conversing with Koyo on MAP a few times, and his wise words and straight forwardness was an inspiration.

My condolences to his family.

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

How nice to see a reminder of this thread over Christmas.
    Just to say I will raise a glass in memory of Koyo today.

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I was re-reading some old posts and came across several of koyo's that made me think fondly of him. His friendship and knowledge is sorely missed. If you're having a few cold ones over the Christmas season, save a toast for koyo.

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Wife bought me a bottle of Scotch for Christmas. I've got more than just a glass reserved for Koyo.

:cry:

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Will raise a toast on the holidays to Koyo. :) Fondly remembered he is!

8. Chris Banks

Chris Banks Valued Member

The club xmas night out is on Saturday.....there shall be more than one glass raised in his memory.

9. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

And me too, when I have a glass. :)

10. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

What was the date he died on again? I like to light a candle and just have a minute thinking of a person on their birthday or date they died.

11. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Koyo had good sense of humor. Onetime I posted a large sword. He then put up a sword that takes 2 persons to carry it as if he tried to say, "You think that you have a big sword, I'll show you what a big sword suppose to look like". When he said that he came from "old school", I then realized that he was indeed older than me.

12. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

The first post is from february 9th, mentions monday night. So I would guess it was Monday the 7th of February, 2011.

But better wait for official confirmation.

13. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Cheers. It doesn't matter really, I just like to know such things whenever possible. A candle's gonna be lit and a glass raised regardless of the exact date, coz that man was a legend :)

14. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

A true master, we are all glad to have been blessed with his wise and humorous comments on this forum.

Still greatly missed and fondly remembered.

15. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Still missing our little chats x

16. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

we all miss Koyo.

17. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

KOYO SENSEI REMEMBERED

18. embra

embra Valued Member

RIP Billy Coyle - never forgotten. MAP's funniest and greatest.

19. Kurai

Kurai Valued Member

Couldn't have said it better...

20. Chris Banks

Chris Banks Valued Member

Can't believe it is almost 3 years....a great teacher and friend, greatly missed and thought of often.