Seni07

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by k1ckboxer, Mar 17, 2007.

1. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

Hi,
    I have just booked tickets for Seni07 http://www.senishow.com/, has anyone been before? and is it any good?

cheers

2. SIDEKICK2007

SIDEKICK2007 New Member

Yes Very Good

I go every year and is very good can meet loads of top people

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Usually spend the weekend, make sure you go to pain & glory. Take a load of money, so much to buy.

4. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

I agree with you about Pain and Glory
    The best show you will ever see in the UK

5. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

I've booked my train tickets and bed for the weekend :)

Last years 'main' SENI thread started off in the Tai Chi section - this year it's in Kickboxing. Let's hope everyone find it and adds to the info.

If you want a feel for the show, last year's thread is:

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45888

:cool:

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm not saying anything about my plans to go and touch Gordon Liu! :p

7. It was started in General Discussions:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60201

I should be going but can only make the Sunday unfortunately.
    It is a shame that it's moved to London.
    Might go to a seminar this year.
    Saving the pennies to buy stuff.

8. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

thanks for your response guys. I'm rather looking forward to the show now. cheers :eek:

9. danceswithrats

danceswithrats New Member

heard the iceman was going to be there.....

10. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

I heard Anderson Silva was going to be there signing autographs on the Sinister stand

11. ...accompanied by a 5 mile queue if last year is anything to go by!

12. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

a message for anyone who has been to seni b4..

what r the chances of buying a good pair of gloves at the show? i'm after Windy or Cleto Reyes really?

13. I'm after some twins also. There should be some there. I remember last year there was a Fairtex stall there. Hope that helps, although I wasn't really looking for gloves last year.

14. Jang Bong

I'm here - proudly wearing my MAP MEET t-shirt.

Saw the O'Malleys on their stall, and seen a couple of the demonstrations. (Royal Marines self defence was good fun). :)

NO WORKSHOPS this year :woo: :mad:

Still - a good wander round.

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

This will be my first Seni, dont know what I'll be getting into...but if i see a MMA Tapout gear stand then my missus gonna be unhappy when i take out a 2nd mortage...(i dont even have a mortgage yet)

16. k1ckboxer - if you've been today, ignore this message. If you're going tomorrow, read on.

I didn't see any gloves like Reyes, but there were Fairtex and Twins gloves. I got me some 16oz black Twins - awesome things.

17. danceswithrats

danceswithrats New Member

i did take a pic with Ernesto Hoost though. Hehe....(my first martialarts celeb) Really weird that quit a lot of people didnt know who he was.

18. Jang Bong

I went, I saw, I met people :)

A bit sorry there were no 'official' workshops, but on the Sunday afternoon the Gatka chief instructor and his two assistants led a dozen of us in learning the basic footwork of their weapons art and took us through using that footwork to get into defense against a stick (or sword if you've got the nerve).

His WORDS had us taking a wrist in one hand and a triceps with the other - but when he used me to demonstrate with I found out that this guy knows his anatomy - he took the nerve point at both the wrist and just above the elbow :eek: as casual as you like. :D

Good weekend - but without the workshops I'd have been happy with one day. Let's see what they plan for next year.

19. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

sorry Jabcrosshook, only just seen this message. Thank you!
    I invested in some 16oz Windy gloves and they do the job fine. Wanted some Reyes but just couldn't justify spending £115!