Seminar/Event Posting Area

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by pesilat, Jun 25, 2003.

?

Would you like to see an area specifically for the posting of Events and Seminars?

1. Yes, it's a fantabulous idea! Why didn't I think of that?

11 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, it's a stupid idea and has already been rejected by all the smart people on the forum.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Personally, I'd like to have an area specifically intended for Seminar/Event postings. We've got the calendar, I know, but I always forget that it's there.

Right now, I'm about to post an announcement here in the General Discussion folder, but I think it'd be nice to have an area specifically for the posting of such things.

Who's with me?

Mike

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sounds good.

3. YODA

..... that way when someone joins MAP just to blantantly peddle their wares I could move it to the new area :D

Disclaimer: I have NO problem with regular MAPers posting ads or events. It just gets my goat when people pop in just to sell, with no intention of contributing to the MAP community :woo:

4. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Yup. In fact, I personally think that the area should have a disclaimer that it's intended for use by regular MAPers.

Anything posted there that's not martial arts related gets deleted. Anything posted there by new members stays up for a week (or some other specified amount of time), at which time Site Admin will look at other posts made by the user. If there are no other posts or nothing of any worth, then the post gets deleted.

I think something like that would be reasonable and I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

Mike

5. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

New things never hurt..........

....do they:confused:
    anyway, i'm for it

6. YODA

Must...... resist ..... posting ........ sarcasm....... and ...... wit.

MUST RESIIIIIIST!!!!!!

7. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

I'm with you guys also could we get rid of the people who get the high scores in the arcade but never actually post that p***es me off

8. YODA

Works for me :D

9. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'm with ya on all counts guys!

Col

10. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Ditto fellas - sounds like a brilliant idea. :)

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

.... same here Mike!!
    I've actually posted an event in the "Calendar" and forgot to attend the event myself!! LOL

Having a section devoted soley to Seminar/Event postings would be yet another PLUS in being a "regular" MAPer!:D ....

12. sfjohn

sfjohn New Member

Oh shucks, i'm missing the important aspect of this forum, I'm new, so wait until I can find something to sell and i'll be right in line with procedure.

No but truly I think the seminar section is an excelent idea. I lobe to keep in touch with what's going on in the Martial arts community, and this will be another tool i can use. Good post, now lets make it happen ;)

13. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I haven't seen all of your posts, john, but the ones I've seen have certainly been good contributions. You may not be a "regular" yet, but I think you're gonna fit in just fine. You seem to have some good insights to share and, at least as importantly, a good sense of humor :)

Mike

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I never really have any events of interest to post other than tournaments, but I like the idea. It may motivate me to get off my butt and go to something :)

15. morphus

morphus Doobrey

All sounds good to me!:cool:

16. YODA

17. sn0w8lade

sn0w8lade My knee gone POP!!!!!

Sounds a good idea to me............

Considerin I already postin an advert for an event:rolleyes:

But hey my contribution to the MAP community has been phenominal

Jus check out my joke thread:p

18. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Prize goes to anyone who can tell me that the imminent 'World Kendo Championships', being held in Glasgow in July this year is on which date!

(Not very motivating, but my soiled jockstrap must appeal to someone........SONSHU?)

19. YODA

1st to 6th July - Kelvin Hall.

I'll donate my prize to your favourite charity. I'm sure AA can use that strap :D

20. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Andy

You are stealing all Yoda's crap jokes!

:D

Shame on you, besides it would be to small :woo: :woo: :woo:

SONSHU