Self Defence Weapons?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by yuen, Dec 23, 2011.

1. yuen

yuen Valued Member

Do any of you know any good self defence weapons? It's not that I will ever use it, but just if any of 'those' events ever happen to me in my lifetime :/

Thanks!!!

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Brain.

3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Depends entirely on where you live. However, as Simon says, avoiding the need for it in the first place is best.

4. Simon

Damn and damn, I feel duty bound to give a sensible answer.

Good weapons training will teach you about angles. It will (should) teach you the crossover between empty hands and weapons. Therefore if you find yourself without a weapon you can apply the same principles.

Those principles can also be applied to things you might not see as a weapon, for example a set of keys, shopping bag with a tin of beans in it, umberella and so on.

It does not always have to be a gun or knife.

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIpvzgjsh9E"]Bas Rutten involved in Grocery Store Melee - YouTube[/ame]

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Any item you carry should be a tool and YOU are the weapon.

Sadly it is often the case that the item is a weapon and you are a tool

7. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Sig please?

8. Hannibal

be me guest :)

9. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Train hard then buy a pair of carbon fiber knuckle gloves for some extra impact

10. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Look at the legal laws in the area you live in.

Ex. Switchblades to my knowledge are illegal to carry here in Canada (correct me if I'm wrong Hannibal)

11. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

I see nothing wrong with your previous post.

Unless you meant flinging grey matter at potential assailants? :p

12. Hannibal

You're not :)

13. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Andrew, considering you are only 15, I won't be entertaining this request, and prompt others to do the same. Don't think for a second that weapons-carriage is cool. It is dumb.

14. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

How about a hand gun or a taser?

Note: That was a joke.

Best weapon as mentioned above is your brain.

15. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

As it appears that you live in the UK I must point out to you that it is ILLEGAL to carry ANYTHING for use as a weapon in the UK.

16. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

It is in Canada as well. I carry a knife for daily tasks, I use carbon fiber hard knuckle gloves while biking, and I generally have a pencil on my person. Any of those can be used to good effect, especially the gloves and the pencil.

When I was doing shady business I used to carry a 1.5" diameter maple cane which had a 90 degree bend for the handle. If anyone ever asked I said I had a knee problem. On more than one occasion I smashed cars and people with it. Best weapon I ever carried.

It's all about having a good excuse and bending the law.

17. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

No it's about acting in a safe and responsible manner.

18. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

What an awesome posterboy you are for a martial arts forum. Your mom must be proud.

19. Simon

Utter rubbish.

It is all about people skills, awareness and common sense.

If you need to smash people over the head and destroy property then you have a problem.

20. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

People skills only go so far with drug addicts and drug dealers. Sometimes three people try to rob you while you're making a drug deal. Sometimes you've got to fight your way out of a crack house while you're trying to protect your friend's sister. Sometimes you need to show certain people that messing with you isn't a good idea so you smash or torch their car. Sometimes you just don't have the option to run.

I've got nothing but respect for you simon but if you've never lived in that world, don't try to talk about it because you're just blowing smoke.