seeking instruction!

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by tengu, Jun 6, 2004.

1. tengu

tengu Capoeirista "Paparazzi"

I was wondering if anyone could help me! I'm seeking instruction in both armed/unarmed combat (western) will try anything!
    I live in lincolnshire...it seems to be a dead zone martially except for judo/karate/tkd, I'm currently practicing applied arts and looking into richard dimitri's "shredder"
    many thanks, carl

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

a really dead zone, yes, since judo/karate/tkd are not martial arts???????????

http://www.wrightdefense.com/links/martialarts.html

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004
  3. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Hi Carl,

I've posted your request on a WMA list in the hope of finding a group in your area, I'll get back to you if anyone replies.
    You could post a request to this group who may be able to assist you;

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~booksearch/swordfighting/swordfighting.htm

Louie

4. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

I think the guy is after WMA, not EMA, and hence judo/karate/tkd is a bit irrelevant, don't you think?

5. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

there are so many people who have only one club of only one martial art in their area and he obviously has more choices. that is why he shouldn't complain. i'm sorry if he can't find the art he would like to practise but still there are other schools. (and let's not get off topic here, i did provide him a link)

6. tengu

Errr.......

Um...I wasn't actually complaining as such, just asking a question.....it's not complaining to stae that my area is a deadzone for WMA is it?

7. Jax

Jax New Member

i think cus you said
    and it would seem neryo likes tkd , just a guess but i think you annoyed him.

:D

8. tengu

so much for individual opinion

wish i had never bothered to ask now.

9. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

I don't think it's a "him", I think it's an angry female by the sound of it!

I also believe that the original question said "...dead zone except for..."

Pugil

(Ex-WTF Taekwondo Black Belt!)

10. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

he he he :D :D :D

instead of having any further off topic discussion, why not use your energy to help tenga? wouldn't that be a good idea? :)

tenga, my link, any help?

11. Ran Pleasant

Ran Pleasant Valued Member

Tengu

If you are interested in Medieval and Renaissance combat systems as a modern discipline then you might consider checking out the Association for Renaissance Martial Arts (ARMA) site. ARMA is strictly a martial arts organization, no re-enactment, no role playing, and no titles. In reconstructing these lost arts ARMA focuses on being historically valid and martially sound. ARMA currently has members in over 23 countries.

Ran Pleasant
    ARMA DFW