Seeking decent Kickboxing Class - Liverpool UK

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by john_iron_fists, May 29, 2011.

1. john_iron_fists

john_iron_fists Valued Member

Hi All,

Looking for a Kickboxing club in Liverpool, can't find much on the web. Really looking for kickboxing rather than Muay Thai.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

John

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

What sort of kickboxing?

4. john_iron_fists

I'm pretty open to suggestions mate, I tried out Lau Gar kickboxing last year and I really enjoyed that... The club closed down and so I am looking to get back into it for the summer...

I am hitting thirty this year, so I think I might be a bit old to start fighting.. Would like to, but feel like I have left that a bit late now...

Cheers.

John

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You want full contact? Try any of the Thai gyms based on your location.
    Half of them will be kickboxing with knees or have come from kickboxing.
    Many of them field fighters for both kickboxing & M/T.

You've also got merseyside kickboxing & GBH which might be fun to train in if they allow hobbyists for the GBH

6. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

7. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

If you've done Lau gar kickboxing, you could try Hung Gar

http://www.liverpoolkungfu.com/index.html

Sifu Steve Ornellas teaches kickboxing as part of the sparring, plus, the kung fu is more er...authentic, I believe is the word, than Lau Gar. Be warned though authentic Hung Gar is gruelling. I trained here for a while in the nineties and a lot of Steve's students would enter competions independently, and they won a lot.

8. john_iron_fists

Ive trained there about five years ago! The horse stance crippled me for days after... It was torture haha. One of my mates stuck to it and is doing very well now

9. kungfu2311

kungfu2311 New Member

TMAS Martial Arts Studio In Antree Is Quite Good £30 One Off Joing Fee And £5 A Lesson Good Reputation And Teachers Two