Sean Sherk - Holy Crap!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Haste, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Haste

Haste Scream

Ok, it might just be because I'm slow, but how in the HELL can Sean Sherk be so frickin' HUGE, and how can he cut all the weight he does? The guy was already shredded at 170, so how can he cut any more? I swear that he must weigh 185 walking around.

What's going on here?

-Haste

2. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

Roids.

3. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Are steroids widely used in MMA? Are the athletes tested?

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Yep tested before every fight and I think they do random screenings too. The guys normal routine is training 3 times a day 5 days a week I'm not suprised he's able to cut so much. How he does it however I have no idea

5. eltgire

eltgire New Member

He's had some steroid issues before:

In July 2007, Sherk successfully defended his title against Hermes Franca at UFC 73.[10] After the fight, the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) announced that Sherk had tested positive for Nandrolone, a banned steroid, in a urine test the day prior to the fight. After testing positive for twelve ng/ml of Nandrolone, Sherk was fined $2,500 and suspended from competing in California for one year.[11] Sherk's suspension was reduced to six months after appealing his allegations on December 4, 2007, making him eligible to fight in early January 2008.[12] Sherk claimed errors were made in lab testing procedures. He claimed that failure of the lab to properly test the vials used in the earlier, positive tests for any remaining steroid content may have resulted in his sample becoming contaminated.[13] However, Quest Diagnostics and the CSAC denied any errors were made.[13] During this time, Sean Sherk attempted to challenge the CSAC by employing his own lawyer and submitting polygraph lie detector tests. While Sherk passed these tests, the CSAC made an unusual decision to cut his suspension in half rather than lift it. This was seen as strange by many in the community, including the reporters at Sherdog.com, the largest mixed martial arts reporting website. In an article, they detailed how the CSAC's decision did not echo that of past cases where bans had been lifted after providing minimal evidence. The decision was seen as even more unusual after test results proved that Xyience supplements in Sherk's possession were tainted with the same steroid agent that was found in his bloodstream.

Following the CSAC's decision to uphold the results of the positive steroid test, the UFC officially stripped Sherk of his Lightweight Championship.[14] At UFC 80, B.J. Penn defeated Joe Stevenson to win the vacant title.[15] After the fight, UFC president Dana White announced that Penn's first title defense would be against Sherk, who was reinstated by UFC in April 2008.[16] Sherk and Penn fought at UFC 84 on May 24, 2008. Penn defeated Sherk by TKO after being caught by a flying knee and multiple clean shots to the face. Sherk was unable to continue at the end of the third round.[17]

Sherk fought Tyson Griffin at UFC 90: Silva vs Cote. He defeated Griffin via unanimous decision.

Sherk next fought Frank Edgar at UFC 98 He lost via unanimous decision. Sherk again found himself in trouble with an athletic commission post fight, after he ran from the arena before supplying a post fight urinalysis. He was contacted by commission officer Keith Kizer and told to return to the arena immediately or face his license being revoked. Sherk returned within the hour and provided a urinalysis, but was still suspended 45 days for the actions. [18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_S...teroid_allegations_.282005.E2.80.93present.29

Also found this:

http://www.watchkalibrun.com/2009/9/3/1014485/report-sean-shek-a-no-show-for-his

Sean Sherk once said this about fighting in California,

"There's no reason for me to ever fight in California again. The way they treated my case and the way they handled everything was so unprofessional that there's absolutely no way I'll ever fight in the state of California again, unless they get rid of the entire commission and hire a whole new commission."

That statement was due to Sherk's positive steroid test at UFC 73. Sherk appealed the positive test and lost. In defense of Sherk the CSAC handled the appeal very poorly delaying his hearing and not having the correct information on hand.

Sherk was scheduled to fight Gleison Tibau at UFC 104 in Los Angeles, California. That scheduled fight raised a few eyebrows since Sherk said he would never fight there. Don't worry, Sherk suffered an injury and withdrew from his fight. Or did he?

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer,

Word of the injury got out on the evening of 9/2, a few hours after he was scheduled to take a random drug test by the California State Athletic Commission. He didn't get on the flight to California and when he no-showed, UFC informed the commission that Sherk was injured and was off the card"

It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to connect the dots.

Bloodyelbow contacted Monte Cox and he says this is the equivalent of talking about the second shooter in the grassy knoll.

Sean has passed 7 drug tests since the California incident... he separated his shoulder in training and had to pull out of his fight... MRI was sent to Zuffa. He didn't skip any test... if you're not fighting, you're not going to apply for a license. No big conspiracy in this.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009