scottish shaolin hung fut kung fu

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by dionard, Aug 1, 2001.

1. dionard

dionard New Member

:p I am a Hung Fut student of SiFu Raymond Man, Ritchard and Mark. My son and I have being practising Hung Fut for some time now and would like to take this opportunity to say a very big thanks to all Hung Fut teachers for spending so much time on us and we don`t get the chance to say thanks halfway through the class. I have attached a photo to this letter of Liam on the symbol`s at a Lion dance at Livingston last year.

2. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Firstly welcome to the forum dionard.

Secondly it's nice to see a dedicated student thanking his instructor, this to me shows a high degree of instruction from the instructors which in turn leads to a high degree of dedication and respect from the students.

Thirdly unfortunatly your photo has not appeared on the forum?
    I don't understand why but if you try to put it up again and it still doesn't work contact us and we will try to rectify the problem.

Cooler.

3. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Hey dionard

Great picture of your son Liam on the Symbol,s just goes to show your never to young to enjoy the martial arts.

Cooler.

4. Feiloong

Feiloong New Member

Wow, that kid rules!! My son is just nuts about lion dancing.

Are you from Tai Yims lineage of Hung fut?

nice to meet u

5. hung fut mak

hung fut mak New Member

Our school is in Scotland and sifu Tai Yim is my sibat [Kung fu uncle] . My sifu is master Raymond Man who stuided under the same master as sifu Tai Yim , Hung Yui Chung. If you are interested check out our web page under hung fut maks www.hungfut.co.uk

Last edited: Mar 29, 2002
  6. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I'm looking for a Kung-fu club and saw the hung fut club, Glasgow on this site. I was interested to know what training is involved is it wholly external? or does it train internal qi as well. Does it train forms? is there any sparring involved? Ive been to a couple of Kung fu clubs b4 and found that there was very little in the way qi training , none in fact and the classes were more like kick-boxing (the kind of place where jin = gin *hic!!*).

I would love to here more from Kung fu clubs in and around glasgow to discuss the positives/negatives that individual styles have to offer.