SCI FI

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by zombiekicker, Aug 15, 2013.

1. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

yeah just as it was getting good.................oooh next year, i got to level 700 odd in the game but was very samey

2. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

is that a gaming chair for a field mouse?

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

You mean this one?
    [​IMG]

I watched it, oh, was it last year? The entire series. It had some stupid moments, but on the whole it was genius. I loved it.

After that I discovered the most excellent "Firefly." :D Why, oh why, was that show cancelled?! Network idiots! :woo:

At the moment I'm on "Castle," which is not sci/fi. Good thread idea, yes.

4. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

shes not the only hottie in there either, katee sackhoff grace park, lucy lawless even turns up...............no spoilers

5. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

equation for sci fi channel.....=good show<cancel,

6. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Aikimac, you poor soul. I watched all of the one series of Firefly last year and share your disappointment. If you didn't know, the creator made a movie called Serenity for closure. If you watch it you'll be a lot sadder than you are now though.

Browncoats!

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yep, I watched "Serenity" after I finished the tv series. Thanks, though. I don't think the movie would have made sense to one who hadn't seen the tv show, but it did indeed give me closure. :) (Idiot network executives!!!)

There are a few comic books that tell about the in-between period, but I have not read them.

The sole reason why I'm watching "Castle" now is Nathan Fillion. Dude rocks. I really like him as an actor. :)

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

9. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Heathens, the lot of Ya (excluding the obvious appreciators that is...)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elv7FgK85lE"]Supernatural Season 8 Road so Far - YouTube[/ame]

Regards

Travess

10. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I think so. I thought the beginning few episodes were fairly weak, like they tried to rush introducing all the characters, not really fleshing them out enough, but as the season goes on and they get fleshed out more, along with a few twists and turns, it does get quite interesting.

I think it takes until about halfway through the first season until it really starts to pick up. I also think the second season has been setup to be a bit more in depth.

Had as pretty good season finale as well.

11. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

watch the firefly outakes on youtube, brilliant:)

12. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

There was a Star Trek thread on another forum I occasionally post to that mentioned a side project or whatever they call those offshoots Star Trek: Enterprise. Maybe when I'm done with The Thick of It I'll try my googlefoo for an episode or two see if it's any good

13. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Enterprise is a good series, in my opinion. I really enjoyed watching it.

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Big scifi fan.

Doctor Who, Supernatural, Firefly, etc. Not a big trekkie at all. Enjoy the weird little corners of scifi. Scored Sapphire and Steel on DVD a while back.

15. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Two cartoon series I cannot recommend highly enough are Star Wars: Clone Wars and Tron Uprising. Sadly, Tron Uprising (which has a brilliant Matrix 1 feel to it) might not be renewed for a third season because of low ratings.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNuohZpigZY"]Star Wars The Clone Wars Season : 1 Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb3-FsWhYGQ"]TRON- Uprising - Official Trailer #2 - Disney XD (2012) - YouTube[/ame]

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

We all know you're an avid fan of Dr. Sexy MD ;)

17. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Didn't the chick on the right used to be blonde?

18. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Enterprise sucked. Remember the guy from Quantum Leap? He's the captain. Tries his hardest to be Kirk. It's little more than a last chance to milk all the old story lines and Star Trek clichés. Which is why it failed. Paramount had a chance to reboot the TV franchise and do something new and different with it. But instead resorted to recycling the old.

And of course they always over come the insurmountable odds. Which turn out to be not so insurmountable after all. Oh and they fight a time war.

19. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Have to agree, TNG and DS9 were infinitely superior. Plus the Enterprise theme song. Ye Gods.

Mitch

20. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

jolene blalock helped