Sauna's, Steam Rooms are they any good for Flu/Cold etc??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by bburns1066, Apr 28, 2005.

1. bburns1066

bburns1066 Valued Member

I was just wondering if it is a good idea to jump in the sauna/steam room when you have a cold and try to sweet the infection out?

Thanks in advance

2. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

hot fighting cold techniques, and cold fighting hot techniques date back to the teachings of sir john floyer, an early english writer, famed for his work on and promotion of cold water bathing. however modern science has largely discredited them so i presonally would recomend it, especially since heavy sweating will cause massive fuid loss. the best things for a cold is sleep, fluids and vitamins so sleep lots drink lots and go and get some multi-vitamins from your local chemist

3. Long_Distance_R

Long_Distance_R New Member

The main thing you wanna make sure you get in a day is Vitimin C. just dose up n that and youll be fine

4. meesey

meesey New Member

i had a real bad cold the other week which was turning into a chest infection, you know coughing up dark green stuff, i know i shouldn't have but i did still train as much as i could, i upped my fruit intake and i did take some steam room sessions, but the reason i did this was not to fight the cold, it just seemed to loosen up the catarrgh on my chest.. I could have had a week off training and lay in bed , but i hate it...... :bang:

5. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

steam is amazingly good for "guitar" in your chest (as my little sister used to call it)