Sanuces Ryu Jiu Jitsu

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by surgingshark, Dec 21, 2003.

1. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Anyone in this forum practice this style of Jiu Jitsu?

2. Jim

Jim New Member

Never heard of it, unfortunately. Maybe it's known under a different name?

3. surgingshark

4. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

I love the "Eye Of The Tiger" midi.

5. surgingshark

I hate MIDIs, man, honestly. They annoy me when they keep playing OVER AND OVER AND OVER and the webmaster refuses to let you stop it...

6. samurai

samurai New Member

Yes; I train and teach Sanuces "Eye to Eye" Jiujitsu as founded by the legendary Dr. Moses Powell! For more information concerning History, Training, and Philosophy, go to http://www.hillsidejiujitsu.com Thank you for your inquiry. Mark Walker Sensei....

7. surgingshark

I learned about Sanuces Ryu Jiu Jitsu from my friend Jimmy Morgan. That guy whooped my ass quite well during the semester ^_^

8. samurai

samurai New Member

Well, I hope that you have decided to take some lessons! Who does Jimmy train with?

9. marais

marais New Member

hi there samurai
    i am new to this site,and a reasonably high ranking tae kwon do practiotioner.
    i have always been astounded by the jiu jitsu style.what i would like to know is:have you ever faught with any tae kwon do students and how would you rate the match up if you did?

10. samurai

samurai New Member

A REAL jiujitsuka does not fight! We train for war! But pray for peace. In our training we deal with every area of combat! tae kwon do is 90%, feet, 10% hands. I ask you this question, if you cannot kick, how would you ward off an aggressive attack.

11. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Using another method of defence...? It's not like jujutsu's lacking in possibilities for dealing with an attacker. Kicks are all well and good, but to get to the point where you will be able to use kicks effectively without already being close enough to grapple takes quite a bit of effort for what is a relatively minor portion of the jujutsu syllabus. better to work on short-range striking (punches, elbows, backfist, knees etc) and throws. That way you are prepared to throw someone in several different ways, weakening them with the close range strikes to allow you to do so.

EDIT: not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with spending time learning to kick. If it works for you then go for it, but I personally prefer closer ranged stuff.

12. surgingshark

Samurai ---> Jimmy trains with that big dude in the pretty skirt that's on the site =P

Marais ---> For our Martial Arts Finals in LBCC, first Jimmy had to fight a guy who did Wing Chun, then a guy who did Tae Kwon Do (I have it on video...all I need now is a decent PC and a decent video editing program to upload it). They were both incredibly good...Jimmy could kick just as good as the TKD guy. The turning point came when TKD guy realized that all Jimmy was doing was blocking his kicks whenever he made them. TKD guy was forced to come in closer, at which point Jimmy LIFTED HIM OVER HIS HEAD and slammed him down the mat making a very loud thud :p I'm not taking a shot at TKD...just at the guy. He obviously needs to learn some close-ranged attacks. We're gonna be taking the class AGAIN this January to meet more MAs...

13. samurai

samurai New Member

You must be referring to professor Urban. We trained together many times...

14. surgingshark

Yeah...Urban Muhammad, right?
    Man, that is one shiny Hakama he's wearing...

15. samurai

samurai New Member

Yes; his wife makes them! She made me a nice one a few years ago that I still wear on special occassions....

16. surgingshark

Wow...that's so cool!
    ...I wonder if she makes Christmas-Themed Hakamas...

17. samurai

samurai New Member

whatever type of material print you buy she can design it!

18. surgingshark

Dang! I better join Jimmy's Dojang, then...I want a Spider-Man 2 Hakama! Fear me! FEAR ME!

19. SURVIVAL

SURVIVAL New Member

PEACE ,
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A SHINNY HAKAMA OR, STUDY WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING

20. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hi Survival Welcome to MAP,
    As a new member I'm not sure if you now that posting all in caps is regarding as shouting at the other members which is kind if rude, could I ask you to not do so in the future, well unless of course you are shouting at SurgingShark ;)

I've read your profile and it seems like your the man to answer the members questions on Sanuces Ryu Jiu Jitsu, I've personally never see this style practiced and would appreciate it if you could post a little insight into the art.

Thanks,

Col