Saints Row 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tatsumaru, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

I saw this game a couple of days ago in my local Tesco selling for half price and thought it was worth a look as I played the first one a little and found it pretty entertaining. As it turns out, the game is actually brilliant. Anybody who watches zero punctuation will probably have seen the review on there of Saints Row 2 which was very positive for a change, and I pretty much agree with it. It makes no apologies for completely stealing around 80% of its ideas from GTA, but where GTA is at times a bit more serious, Saints Row just goes straight for completely over-the-top and often brutal fun. The storyline is pretty weak, the characters are a bunch of obvious stereotypes, the setting is fairly generic, but the gameplay is absolutely outstanding.

I'm having a shedload of fun just driving around like a loon in my ridiculous looking pimped out police car and starting gang warfare with the various gangs in the city. I don't really care about all the depth that's missing compared with games like GTA, because I can use spikes attached to the wheels of my car to destroy cars, property and my enemies as they walk past!

It definitely deserves the 18 certificate, but I would recommed Saints Row 2 to anybody old enough to enjoy it, especially if you can find it cheap somewhere like I did. Great for a five minute rampage to alleviate some stress, but also varied enough to keep you occupied for days!

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

cool i'll give it a look then

3. tokman20

tokman20 Valued Member

its a very funny game. everything is so unrealistic and thats what makes it so damn fun! There is no story at all (unless you consider blowing stuff up and shooting people a story). Hours of fun!

4. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

I hope it's nothing like the glitch-riddled mess that was Saints Row 1.

What's an 18 certificate?

5. Southpaw535

In britian and i think europe it means you cannot purchase the game under 18 years. I think your closest wold be an AO rating

6. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

I keep forgetting how many people on this site aren't from the UK or europe!

7. Southpaw535

bloody yanks :bang: