Sadly Leaving MAP

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Simon, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Simon

Simon Moved on Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

After a lot of thought I'll be leaving MAP after the 2019 Meet.

I returned to promote the meet, so that work is almost done.

I'll post pictures and videos from the event once I've processed them, but after that I'll be leaving.

If you are attending the MAP Meet it'll be nice to say goodbye with a handshake.

Life has changed somewhat, as a few weeks ago my wife had a stroke.

That means a complete overhaul to the way my wife and I live our lives.

Couple that with some very exciting innovations across the world within HAVOC that will take up more time and MAP has to take a back seat.

I've made some great friends through MAP and indeed if it wasn't for MAP I wouldn't be the martial artist I am.

That is due to the cross training, self defence simulation days, meeting Hannibal and becoming his UK Director and so on.

MAP is excellent, if you open up to what is out there for you and the connections MAP and its members can offer.

axelb, Dead_pool and Grond like this.
  2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Really sorry to hear that, Simon.

All the best for her recovery. We think that we know what hard training is, but the effort and will it can take to work through neuro rehab puts that into perspective. Hopefully your wife doesn't have too far to go to get back to her old self.

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

My very best wishes to you and your wife, Simon. My eleven years on MAP have been enriched through my interactions with you. Thank you for all you have done for us.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

All the best to you and yours. You will be missed.

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I don't need to say how much we all wish your wife well Simon, I'm sure everyone at MAP sends their heartfelt best wishes to both her and you.

I also don't need to say how much you have contributed to MAP, it's there in your face on so many videos posted to help out members who came with questions.

On a personal level, I gained a friend and source of inspiration I will always be grateful for.

Best wishes from all at Mitchell Towers.

Now, we're going to need an Instructor for next year's MAP Meet, how're you fixed? :)

aikiMac and bassai like this.
  6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Going to miss you round here, but family come first - well may be 2nd, after the biscuits and cake... :D

7. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Thanks for all you've done on MAP over the years Simon. I feel like I've learned a lot from your posts & videos.
    Best of luck with your new adventures!

8. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Wishing you all the best and hopes for a speedy recovery for you wife.

9. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

sorry to hear about your wife, I hope recovery goes well :( best wishes to you and your family.

It's been a pleasure to read and watch your input to the forum and you have certainly been an influence in my martial arts journey.

Keep in keeping, bulldog :)

10. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Sorry to hear that you won't be participating on MAP anymore but I fully understand why. I'm very happy your lady is back home and I hope she heals up soon. She's definitely more of a fighter than any of us here.

Mitch likes this.
  11. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

I’m terribly sorry to hear about your wife’s stroke and hope her recovery goes well.

We’ll miss you on MAP!

12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool the merc with the mouth MAP 2017 Moi Award

Best wishes to your wife, she's needs you more then MAP does.

Thank you again for all your charity work too, I have a family member with classical EDS, and it's a horrible insidious condition.

Grond likes this.
  14. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Best of wishes for your wife's speedy recovery. As others have said, family comes first.

15. Pointy

Pointy Valued Member

Sorry to hear about such a turn in your life Simon, I wish you and yours all the best.

While I may not comment much, I appreciated all the input you had in the forum over the last decade.

Thank you for all that you have done.

16. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

It is a sad day if you are to leave .
    Take a break but come back to us .
    I know a man can twist arms and convince you to stay .

axelb, bassai and Mitch like this.
  17. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yep, I 2nd what everyone else said. And I hope someday we'll see you back here.

18. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I will miss you Simon, as will so many others. I hope everything goes as well as possible for you. May the gods keep you and your family.

19. ned

ned Valued Member

Sorry to hear about your wife's stroke, all the best thoughts to your family for her recovery.

Will miss your contributions here, I know first hand how well you know your stuff and what a skilled
    and engaging instructor you are from past mapmeets - hope to catch up again some time !

Brigid likes this.
  20. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

So sorry to hear about your mrs
    best wishes
    xx