Running

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MatsunoCj, Dec 3, 2007.

1. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

Well i work out almost every day, i usually have my jujitsu class then i go right from that to a kickboxing class then to a MMA class usually so im there all day but i do that 2 maybe 3 days a week then do squats and alot of body weight training stuff on the other days, then usually take 1 or 2 days off. Well i just got accepted into the Tucson firefighter academy and after doing some of the training and stuff preparing to go to academy i realized im not even close to the running shape i want to be in. I never really realized that i wasnt really running that much and now i have like 6 weeks to get in better shape for that. The thing im wondering is what do u guys think would be a good way to increase running stamina and distance? Its not like i dont run at all i do run a little i used to run 3 miles a day but for the last couple months i havent been able to. Would it be better to do like a run where i jog for a certain distance then sprint then go back to jogging and so on like a circuit type thing, or just distance running, or just sprints or something like that, which one do you think would increase my running stamina the best?