Ronda Rousey Boo'd on weigh ins!!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by ShadowHawk, Dec 28, 2013.

1. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

Ronda still spewing off nonesense at the mouth, the more she talks the more fans she loses. She BLAMED TUF editors for making her "look like a bad guy" LOL yeah they 3D rendered every moment after her fighters fought and after every flick off and every full gym meltdown was made up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ception-around-at-ufc-168-with-convincing-win

Cant believe she thinks people are dumb enough to believe any of the slander said against Tate has any weight behind it. The way she words things makes it obvious she knows not of what she talks.

2. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Was she really heavily booed or was it a couple of people she has upset and this is greatly exaggerated to hype fabricated media controversy?

3. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

I could care less about how Ronda is perceived as being. She is a damn good fighter and a very hard worker, she earned her spot of fame as well as her career. She has a mouth on her but until somebody puts her straight she has that right. Crap talking is part of the game, you see it with just about every fighter, psychological edge plays a good part of any competition.

I don't pay attention to the drama between fans or fighter, I record the fights and fast forward passed the commentary. If I wanted drama and commentary I would watch Much Music. That goes with the ultimate fighter as well, I fast forward all the drama and watch picks, weigh in, and the fights. Saves you from wasting 40 minutes of your time. Honestly I find the ultimate fighter cuts out most of the good stuff such as commentary, tips, and drills from the trainers and coaches, if they had more of that and less egotistical drama the show would be much better. Just my opinion, both Tate and Rousey are damn good, im sure it will be a great fight no matter the outcome.

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Honestly, I can relate to Ronda - know a thing or two about digging a hole and jumping in for the smell of it. But hopefully she will begin to acquire a bit of - whats the word? Cooth?

Good fight, I suppose, but depth is going to be very much in need here soon.

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ok, just watched the weigh in's. Ronda had plenty of cheers. Hardly a case of a sound booing. There were some boo's, but not a lot compared to the cheers.

Oh, and it was so weird seeing Silva coming out as the challenger. I was like "hey- why is he coming out first?....Oh yeah................" Even though I knew he was the challenger, my brain was so used to seeing him come out as champ, it took a minute to register.

6. aaradia

:confused:Another thing.........

I thought Wiedman was boo'd much louder than Rousey, but I thought I must have heard it wrong. But I just read some reports and I had it right.

So, I don't give much credence to boo's and Ronda's reputation if Wiedman was boo'd louder than her.

Why was Wiedman boo'd? He doesn't have a bad reputation, does he? Is it just because he dethroned someone considered GOAT?:confused: I am seriously baffled over this.

7. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

Rousey has said multiple times she is psyching her opponents out, a la Mohammad Ali. She's a traditional fighter from a judo and jujitsu background. Perhaps other traditional martial artists should appreciate that.

8. aaradia

Naw, I don't appreciate disrespectful, rudeness, and immaturity. As a traditional MAist, she should know better than to behave as she has.

As a professional fighter, I know pysching out is considered by some to be a valid game plan. But I just don't like it. It is my right as a fan to decide what sort of behavior's I support or don't support.

And I don't buy it all as a psyche out either. Maybe some of it, but not all. Like I said somewhere on MAP, I tried to make excuses for her, but her behavior on TUF went far beyond simply playing mind games with your opponent. Repelling down the rock climbing wall flipping off Tate all the way was just a bad attitude out of control.

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I don't really get why the rock wall bugged people so much. She doesn't like Tate so she flipped her off and loads of people are up in arms about it but you get two people who hate each other like Rashad and Rampage threatening each other non stop and everyone's hyped for the fight. That said I don't buy that ALL of its just hype either. But I do think she's turned out fairly well considering her crazy butt mother.

10. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

She's at the other end of the spectrum, on the flip side you have GSP, who is so respectful and polite that its almost sickening and could almost be interpreted as passive aggressive which I would find more annoying and insulting then someone spitting insults at Me.

11. aaradia

Actually, I hated the antics on that season as well. Although I don't remember anyone flipping anyone off. I thought Rampage particularly came off very poorly and he is one of my least favorite fighters for antics on that show and elsewhere.

I admit Rashad is one of my favorite fighters, but really, he mouthed off (too much) but nothing like the antics on this last season.

And that fight was a snoozer!

What do you have to go on to decide her mother is crazy? From one short guest spot? What happened that was so crazy? Because I don't remember anything drastic.....

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  12. aaradia

No, not really. It is quite a reach to say it could "almost be interpreted".........

Based on what?

Methinks you don't understand what passive aggressive is. GSP shows no traits of that. He was a guy above the stupid antics of Kos. Who let his feelings about Kos show in the ring, but acting maturely outside of it. GSP focused on his fighters, not on stupid antics. And in the ring, he broke Kos's orbital bone. Kos has not been the same since then.

Your going to blame someone for being respectful and polite? I don't find respceftul and polite sickening. In fact, I think our world could use far more of it. What sort of crazy world do we live in where someone is thought of as sickening for being respectful and polite?

13. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Sorry, I was speaking generally not just at you :)

To be fair the stories there were enough. Forced Rousey to fight in higher weight classes, forced her to compete multiple times in a short space of time, forced her to fight injured and even made sure she would be injured by the time she competed. Used to wake Rousey up by jumping on her and trying to armbar her.

I'm not saying she's crazy as in actually psychotic, but I can't be surprised at someone growing up under that sort of training/trainer ended up being very competitive and self confident. That's the epitome of a parent forcing their kid into their sport. Its like those wrestler dads who have their 3 year olds doing crunches and sit ups every day. I would say she was living through Rousey but her mum was a beast in her own right.

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

For the love of your imaginary Christ, the term is "I couldn't care less".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw"]Dear America... | David Mitchell's SoapBox - YouTube[/ame]

15. aaradia

Oh, I know you weren't directing that one statement at me. I was just using myself as an example that some people were actually consistent in being bothered by bad behavior on other shows. I think if you go to MMA forums, you will see a lot of people did have issues with the behavior on other seasons like Ramapage/ Evans.

Yeah, I guess I didn't pay enough attention to those stories about the mom and what she did to Rousey growing up. You have a good point there. Hmmm, would Rousey have taken the career path she has, or been a champion without her mom being overbearing?

16. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

I dont get why people hate GSP for being polite. Do the same people love Rousey? Seems that way.

Southpaw, the wall climb was not an isolated incident. I think it was DISRESPECTFUL to the NEW FIGHTERS on the show act the way she did after the youngsters fought, taking the spotlight away from where it should have been (on the fight winners / losers).

The show was for the younger fighters not for her to try to hog the spotlight good or bad.

Dana's new "golden boy" is Rousey . I can understand the language since Dana is so vulgar as a person, but she took it beyond the language . I see her as a "fake thug" or those rich kids that act ghetto and want to be in rap video's.

17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

GSP is a model of good behaviour and professionalism.

Rousey is the definition of "immature brat who doesn't get her way".

18. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

19. Ben Gash CLF

I can't help thinking a lot of the Ronda hate is sexist in origin. While people will criticise Sonnen or Diaz for trash talking there's nowhere near the level of spite Rousey receives, and the only reason I can see for that is sexism.
    Yet her fighters appear to have a lot of time for her and not feel that way.
    The spotlight was decided by the editors. They chose (from the get go) to focus on the bad feeling between the two, with the full compliance of Tate I might add.

20. Ben Gash CLF

I'm a pretty laid back guy, but I sound off now and then and have a little vent, especially during stressful situations. If you took all of those from a week and put them into a one hour show, never showing what I was like for the rest of the time, people would get a very inaccurate view of me as a person.