Ron Goninan aka Minghequan/Shifu/Tsuruken/etc & Southern White Crane

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by 5thBrother, Dec 14, 2007.

1. 5thBrother

5thBrother Valued Member

Ron Goninan aka Minghequan/Shifu/Tsuruken/etc & Southern White Crane Gung Fu

For anyone that has seen or experienced this guy's nonsense over the years:

it looks like some information is finally being put out there that he can't fully escape & talk his way out of

http://www.sportzblitz.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11347

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019
  2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

5th Brother, I don't know what your deal is, nor do I particularly care, but as has been said elsewhere, you need to stop creating threads just to slag off someone about stuff we don't really care about, while not actually making any solid verifiable claims or accusations. You just come off as a negative, bitter loser.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Unless you have something useful to discuss here 5thBrother I'll close the thread. It will remain open for now.

4. 5thBrother

5thBrother Valued Member

well it's a useful counter balance to all Ron's bs over the decades and plastered all over the net....

people interested can follow the link....

but it probably would have been better posted as a reply to one of Ron's own threads...

Thanks

ps. locking it would probably be good.

5. martin watts

martin watts Martin Watts

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

This is one Hell of a thread necro... 2007!!

7. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Funny story bout this.
    Many years ago Ron was looking to fast track himself into the Goju Karate world.
    He had somehow managed to gain communications with Patrick McCarthy who would have been probably coming from Okinawa to Australia at the time.
    So Ron asks for a Sensei recomendation, Apparently he gets sent to a taxi driver who was known (by those in the know) to sign off on uber dan papers for a fee.
    Ron (a green belt) pays three or four grand or something for a few days training and (an 8th dan cert) then gets back to Oz only to find that everyone seemed wise to the incident, the papers were not worth the paper they were written on!.

To this day Ron still attempts to what he would consider "expose McCarthy.
    Only last year or so he was at it again with McCarthy and co. on an Oz forum.
    The Oz forum deleted the whole saga as soon as letters etc were posted, but i did get a glimpse at the letters of communication between Ron and Pat.

Obviously Ron was looking to do the wrong thing, but i have to admit that it was quite a set up that Pat pulled off there.
    Dont get me wrong, i in no way sympathise with Ron, as he does tend to egsagerate his position, as with this current issue for egsample, but that episode with McCarthy..

8. martin watts

martin watts Martin Watts

9. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

I’ve never understood why anyone would want to exaggerate their qualifications.

It’s only a matter of time before someone asks for a demonstration of your skills or challenges you. Then your sparring ability had better live up to your qualifications!

axelb likes this.
  10. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I was part of another, short-lived, forum a number of years back, where Ron reared his head. Myself and a number of other members were able to completely tear his resume apart, and prove that a photo of him with a Chinese teacher in a temple was photoshopped (not that it needed proving; it looked like it was done in MS Paint).

axelb likes this.