Rock Music

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jude3085, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Jude3085

Jude3085 New Member

Hey,

I want to widen my music area. I am looking for some good rock bands to listen too. Sofar I've been listening to Korn, Disturbed, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Slipnot, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, and Powerman 5000. Been listening to them for a while now and want some different bands.

Any suggestions?

2. PunkInDrublic

PunkInDrublic New Member

slayer, metallica, cradle of filth, pantera, cannibal corps

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Depends what you mean by rock music. If you mean more of similar bands then I don't have a lot for you. If you mean rock music in general, then you have come to the right place :D
    The hives, white stripes, rolling stones, led zeppelin, the who, the doors, the smiths, the thrills, franz ferdinand, beatles, jimi hendrix, cream, guns n roses, jet, kings of leon, queens of the stone age, the darkness, iron maiden, metallica, kiss. I could go on for a long time, haha. Go check out some other websites besides a martial arts one.

4. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

saliva, staind, metallica, static x, you will know us by the trail of the dead, queens of the stone age, NIN, fuel.

5. totality

totality New Member

the dandy warhols. enough said.

6. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

Please, not if you were the last junkie on earth.

7. totality

totality New Member

psh, that comeback is so passe. but i feel kind of responsible, i always knew you were insane.

8. garry owen

garry owen Valued Member

Black Label Society - Zakk Wylde's own band, much heavier than he is with Ozzy. And if your into Godsmack you should really like Alice In Chains, not around anymore, but soundwise very similar, only 10 years earlier.

9. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

What horrid taste in music you all have, Slipknot!?!?!?!

Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, GWAR, are more along the lines of death metal, not really rock. Rock doesn't sound so repetitive...

Nu metal in general is garbage. For hardcore, don't be tricked into listening to Mudvayne or Slipknot, find some Unearth and Candiria and Hatebreed, it is much better. As far as rock, you mean normal rock like Cat St...er...Yusef Islam and Eric Clapton, classic rock like Hendrix and Pink Floyd, or harder rock like Tool and Rammstein?

Either way, don't bother, rock is dead :eek:

10. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

40 below summer,
    three days grace,
    glassjaw,
    incubus,
    Ill nino,
    mushroomhead,
    spineshank,
    motograter,
    Killswitch engage,
    Megadeth,
    Mudvayne,
    godsmack,
    Tool,
    A perfect circle,
    Cold, nonpoint,
    system of a down,
    smile empty soul,
    American Head Charge,
    Coal Chamber,
    Damage plan,
    pantera,
    anthrax,
    Pink Flyod,
    Stone sour,

Thats all I can think of of the top of my head.

edits Did you really mention Gwar :rolleyes: Death metal...more like a good laugh. Those guys are ridiculous.

Slipknot is good when the singer actually sings and doesnt just scream. Listen to stone sour, the lead singer is the same guy from slipknot. But its a much different sound. And Mudvayne and Slipknot dont really sound anything alike with the exceptions of a few songs.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  11. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

GWAR lives in Antarctica.

btw, it's supposed to be a good laugh, it was a university experiment. bands like slipknot intend to be serious, that's even funnier :eek:

12. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Iced Earth
    White Zombie (like them better than Rob's new(er) band)
    Danzig
    Misfits
    Black Flagg
    Bad Religion
    Sepultura (Dead Embryonic Cells era)
    Chevelle (srry...I love that band for some reason)
    CLUTCH (You want heavy? You want groove? These guys got it)
    Stuck Mojo (what Limp Bizkit could be if they didn't whine all the time)
    Suicidal Tendencies
    Sound Garden (Badmotorfinger album is their best, I think)
    Blindside
    Body Count (Ice-T's metal band)
    The Nymphs (I think they only put out one album)
    NOFX
    Ministry

---I just counted what I liked on the heavy side since that's what you listed a lot of. Other than that, I'm a huge fan of U2, Enigma, and Bob Marley (actually all reggae).

13. totality

totality New Member

i still can't take you seriously when you put that smiley in all of your posts.

14. Xianghua

Xianghua New Member

Where are all the IRON MAIDEN fans?!

15. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Iron Maiden?! oh lord, I can't believe you went there. My best friend was always a huge fan of Iron Maiden and I couldn't get past Bruce ****enson's voice. The same with the first Slayer and Metallica albums...although Slayer's first album had just the right touch to the music that it was all good. About the only singer's voice I have been able to stand that sings really high like that is King Diamond (huge different though, the first two bands lead singers were going through puberty). You know, Bruce ****enson always had that stupid Partridge Family hair style.

Speakin of bands whose members have stupid looking hairstyles, I can name a bang of them...all of that stupid glam rock and yes...I'll put Motley Crew and Guns N Roses with the whole damned lot of them.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him till just know...if you're a true metal head (God, I can't believe I used that term) then you'll know who King Diamond or Merciful Fate is.

Mostly, though, at that time I was really partial to Misfits, Exploited, SOD, Dead Kennedy's, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, The Cure...nuff said.

16. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

Why not? The smiley doesn't really make any discretion when it comes to music :eek:

17. evil_max

evil_max New Member

Just listen to allkinds of music.