RiP - Lemmy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mushroom, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015
  2. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Sad. was just his birthday too.

3. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Sad to hear this. He was one of a kind, unique and uncompromising. At least I got to see him live once (this motivates me to see other greats while I still can).

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I'm absolutely floored. I'm so shocked - they didn't say what form of cancer. I made a point of getting their last album which was released just recently.

Most rockers' voices change to the point where they don't sound very listenable long, long before they reach Lemmy's age - his didn't - I was amased that it sounded the same after all these years - which is why I'm so surprised to hear this.

Feel like someone knocked the wind out of me.

RIP Lemmy.

5. Kurai

Kurai Valued Member

Heard about his passing on the way home from class. The world will miss his raw, energetic sound. As a bassist, Lemmy has always been a favorite of mine. His consistency, playing hard and fast, while singing vocals, was just a step above so many others.

I'll be playing some Motorhead on my bass tonight, and having a whiskey in your honor. Thanks for the music. RIP Lemmy.

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

He was literally one of the hardest working musicians out there.

He will be missed

7. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

He was awesome... I loved his music. As sad as I am with his passing, seems like he had a full life. RIP