RIP Amy Winehouse

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chimpcheng, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Wow, there's a shock.

Her last appearance on stage was amazing. She seemed totally spaced out.

What a waste.

3. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Just about to post this myself , a tragic yet almost inevitable waste.

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

She probably realised that a lot of artists sell more when they're dead and thought it was worth a try...

5. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Just saw this, it's being treated as unexplained though sadly not unexpected. Definitely a good example of the dark side of drink and drugs abuse.

6. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

...and celebrity, wasn't into her music but sad that someone with talent usually gets sucked into controlling managers and hangers on and/or self destructive addictions. My last boss was at the same school as her and knew her before she was famous

7. Chimpcheng

I have a couple of her albums but I wouldn't say I was a huge fan, in fact I wasn't even a fan. However, she had an awesome voice and she had a number of knockout singles, I particularly like "Valerie" Mark Ronson, fantastically upbeat.

RIP Amy.

8. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Whoa...

Shocked. RIP.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

A waste, not a tragedy IMO

11. Quincyma80

Quincyma80 Valued Member

Unforeseen?

Is this really a shock to the aged twenty-somethings on this MAP board? :eek:

Maybe I'm just too old a fart but - really, this slow-motion train-wreck??

Talk about having an aura, an aura of death!

Any picture I even saw of her I wanted to check my own Hepatitis Vaccination schedule - and take a shower to stop the itching.
    :rolleyes:

Maybe it was a good career move, now she can be admitted to "The 27 Club" for musicians - she had less than two months to spare to make that milestone before her 28th birthday.

Myself, to quote Groucho Marx:

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.

12. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

In an effort to make this a little less negative, here's a video from NYE 2004 on Jules Holland's Hootenanny when she was much healthier displaying the talent that made her famous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KnBVJfXHx8

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

A quick search on google images will show that she was a beautiful voluptuous woman before the bad times took over.

14. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

15. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Poor, foolish woman. Such a waste.

16. Rider

Rider Everybody loves cakes! :D

r.i.p

Shame that so many people die so young :(

17. StevieB8363

StevieB8363 Valued Member

A woman named Amy Winehouse dies (apparently) as a result of alcohol/drug abuse.

Not surprising really...

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Passed a TV store in the mall today. Display sets were tuned to a music video channel airing an Amy Winehouse tribute marathon. In the video, the late Ms Winehouse was attending a funeral. Not sure if it was the programme director's sense of humour or pure coincidence...

19. Chimpcheng

I was in HMV earlier today, they were playing the "Back to Black" album, I'm sure in tribute, but the cynic in me thought "they're trying to sell records off the back of this".

20. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

it's a shame. drug and alcohol addiction is a disease. she obviously couldn't get the help she needed in time. i was not a fan of hers, but a shame nonetheless.