Rewardzone.co scam ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by pgsmith, Dec 10, 2012.

1. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

So, I got a text today saying that my entry last month (I never fill out entry forms!) had won a $1000 Target gift card! All I had to do was go to www.rewardzone.co (Colombia?) and enter my winning number to claim my prize!

Well, I had a good laugh, and then looked it up on the internet to see what folks had said about this particular scam. I was absolutely amazed at the number of people on-line that were complaining that this "company" didn't give them their gift card even after they had completed the "required eight offers" and gave them their credit card number as proof of identity?

I was dumbfounded that people would actually give out their credit card number to something that (to me anyway) was an obvious scam!

So, has anyone else gotten this text and handed out their credit card number? If you have, this is to inform you that you've won a gift card to the store of your choice from me? :)

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

I ignore all texts and emails like this, too obviously scams -.- People falling for it is stupid and sad :(