Returning to KB after 8 months

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by RJ_Bushido, Jan 12, 2005.

1. RJ_Bushido

RJ_Bushido New Member

I am returning to Kickboxing after 8 months and i haven't trained at all in those 8 months. I went back last night (new instructor) and my kicks, punches and fitness has seriously suffered. Any advice for what i should do in between classes that'll get me back to speed?

2. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

Nothing after a month and a half you'll be on top shape. Happens to me every summer :D

3. Skinnyman

Skinnyman New Member

Very true, I recently took about a months break over the xmas and new year holidays, wish I didn't now. I'm just getting back to normal now though. Keep going to the sessions and you'll be back to your best in no time!
    It wouldn't do any harm to try and sqeeze in a few press-up and sit-up routines in the mean-time tho :rolleyes:

4. marcusknight

marcusknight Valued Member

dont worry about it, it will eb hard at first but you will get it back soon, swimming running cycling and weights may help tho. ANd streching just carry on liek you used to, it will come back very quickly provide you had alot of training before the 8 month gap

5. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

Just work at it. You'll eventually get back your old form and condition

6. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dazed & Confused

keep it up - I've been back for 3 months after the best part of a year out of training on the sick - I'm as fit as ever and I even think my sparring and speed has now improved to a level higher than before my break.

Strange but true...