Return of the MAP Awards

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Aegis, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I'm thinking that this year the nominations will be by PM or e-mail to a mod who will look after 3 categories. Either that or a single thread for each of the categories, I haven't actually decided yet. My head hurts too much to think right now, so you guys just get on with plotting your nominations.

2. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

i didnt get my badge from last year??

3. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Yeah they misplaced the dunce badge too..... :p

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Did you win one? I didn't find your name in the list from last year

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Is there a way we can see which catagory people got the badges for? (Othere than digging out the old therad and ploughing through it!)

6. Aegis

I think we'd have to make a separate award for every category place within that category to do that, giving each its own caption.

In short, probably not, no ;)

7. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Aww too bad! get it sorted!!! :p :D

Saz i was just messing ;) :)

8. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

It's nice to see the "2005" winners got their shiney new badges! They look great and sure were well deserved (I probably shouldn't note that they read "2006 awards" instead of "2005 awards".... maybe that can be fixed without undue waiting... I know the admins are busy).

Congrats all!

Uh-oh... I see my award gallery has just lost its 2004 trophy... not permanantly, I hope!

9. Aegis

I think Saz and I between us decided that the 2005 winners are now the 2006 winners (they WERE announced in 2006, so there's some justification!), while this year's will be the 2007 winners.

We got rid of the 2004 awards now, I think that 3 years was probably long enough for them... Persuade people to nominate and vote for you this year ;)

10. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

That's sad - I liked seeing the awards there (on my profile and other people's) - I always looked at it as a reminder to always be mindful of how I present myself here so people will see me as "helpful" and not just another guy who visits once in a while. I hope to think that the recognition encouraged others to listen to the award honorees and emulate them (sort of like for "reputation"). It was nice to see the the "good" thing recognized and promoted over the bad (like a full time "ban list").

Anyway, thanks for the past award and the hard work you guys do.

:rolleyes:
    No thanks - I had one that I like to think I earned based on people's impression of me at the time without doing any sort of political grandstanding. I think I'll pass on the idea of trying to influence people that they should vote for me. Seems to defeat the purpose of an award if I have to convince people to give it to me.

11. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Well you've got more humility than me, I've got my campaign team just about sorted (chimp doesn't know about it yet), posters are at the print and Im working on badges...... :p

12. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Just remember people - vote with your hearts, not with coercion

Don't vote for me and I'll ban you ;)

13. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Is there going to be a category for rookie of the year? I want that one... and the cy young! Nominate me for those two categories. :D

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Prizes and awards mean nothing to me, I just do it all for the love of it and to help the children and the elderly and that. :Angel:

15. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

vote for me, and I'll reinstate you after he bans you :p

16. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

yay
    VOTE ME!!!
    ...for something :D

17. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

LOL
    ... your nose just grew...and this will probably make chewing bamboo very difficult :D

18. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

Good post Thomas, makes me wanna vote for you (almost!) :)