Resistance bands for assisted pullups

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by humanpiranha, Apr 14, 2008.

1. humanpiranha

humanpiranha New Member

hi all, im looking to purchase some good sound resistance bands for assisted pull-ups/chins etc here in the u.k. but i cannot seem to find any british sites that do them. can anybody point me in the right direction. i hate to say it but you yanks think of everything when it comes to goods and products. i go to u.s sites and they have every angle covered. wellm done america, come on britain, show me the goods goddammit!!!!

:woo:

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

go to your local sports/MA store and ask for them, they ought to have them.

3. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Ebay is one option, if you're after something cheap. If you're after "the real deal" and don't mind shelling out a bit more cash, try London Kettlebells:

http://www.londonkettlebells.com/ironwoody-fitness-bands.html

However, from personal experience I want to mention that I've tried resistance bands for assisted chin-ups myself and found them pretty useless. The problem is they provide plenty of support at the bottom of the chin, where it's easy, and little to none at the top of the lift, where it's harder.

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

That was a fun session! Ditto on the assisted chins though, they're not great.

I don't think many people get the giant bands without trying to fire them across the room :D

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

You know it! I still want to try firing an enormous pellet made from a sheet of A4 paper down the garden. If ever you feel like bringing them round again, I won't object. :D

6. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I would, but it's holding the lid on my giant jar of jam.

7. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

It is best to use a chair to assist your pushup. You put your foot on the chair when you need the assist, it will help you some. Resistance bands are good to help like CosmicFish said, it is better to use a chair to assist. I use it when I have hit my failure, to increase my number of pullups. If you are really looking to improve your amount, add weight to your body will help.

Why go to that website above when you can go directly to Iron Woody Fitness.

http://ironwoodyfitness.com