Reported Posts Function

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sgt_Major, May 3, 2007.

1. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Yip! :p

Why you think she cut them off V? :p

2. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Well, I too think the mods do a great job, and I've never reported a post. But seeing the examples given, it sounds less like you want legitimate reports and more like you want some kind of deferential tone. I disagree with that. If I'm reporting the post, I might cut to the chase, and it may not actually sound like I'm kissing your butt.

"Gee, Sgt. Major. I saw this post and gosh, I'm not sure if it's bad or not. Makes me a little tingly in my angry spot, though. Gee willikers. Could you take a look?"

I'd much rather say, "So and so is in clear violation of the ToS."

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Blunt/brief is fine (ass kissing makes me sick anyway :p), but we do get a lot of people demanding through the report post. Goes without saying its usually these same individuals who expect us to act on it without question (right or wrong), and then complain when we don't. And 9 times out of 10 its not even a breach of the rules, its just been perceived it that way.

4. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

No problems, then. I just don't think that, "hi there, this post might be better suited in Karate area, instead of GD, what you think?" is necessary. I can understand that any request ending with "now" would be irritating, but a simple, "Is this in the right place?" or even a simple, "personal attacks", "wrong section", "saz is drunk again". Were I a mod, I wouldn't want a novel. Just cut to the chase... and cut back on the liquor. :D

5. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Ask Rach if she could at least wash first so that won't happen. :p :D

6. Sgt_Major

yeah, I hear you. I was dramatising the examples, with my tongue a little in my cheek. No ass kissing is needed here, Thats why we got chimps on board....

7. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

What the?? :confused:

Sam said I'm not like a real mod and that I'm a mascot or something... :cry:

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hahahaha!

Yeah, I can see what she means :love:

9. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I agree ;)

10. Sgt_Major

yeah chimps ... we only gave you a mod badge so you would feel special .... like officer doody in scream...

11. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

But he gets it on with Courtney Cox, back when she was fit... :D

I might report your post! :D

12. Sgt_Major

LOL - she was fit wasnt she... special officer chimps.

13. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

The report function is one of the biggest aids AND pains in the **** to the moderator staff.

The reason we're 'laying it on thick' here is because:

a) We don't want people to abuse the system and create a ton of things that we have to read (and we do read ALL of it)

b) Conversely, we can't read everything on the open forum. Don't 'suffer in silence', if you think something may be set to go pear shaped in the future, it may be a better idea to contact that sections TM or a GM directly.

Cheers

14. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Count me in Girls!!! :eek: :yeleyes:

15. Sgt_Major

3 now ... come on. Gimme a challenge!

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm not a Welshie but I can help out if you like??? :D

17. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

In the interest of WelshGirlPower..I hearby nominate you as an honourable Valley Girl... :yeleyes:

So that makes four.....and counting!!!! :D

Sgt Major doesnt have a hope...bwahahahahahaha :cool:

18. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

LOL... no problem. I just have well documented authority issues, and obsequiousness kills me.

19. Emil

Emil Valued Member

*Akky secretly joins in on the welsh revolt* :D

I didn't even know we had a report function here

20. Sgt_Major

pfffft! You've never met an irish lass then!

4 welshies isnt close to even 2 irish lasses...