Relation to muay thai?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Cain, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Won't getting shin kicked in the head make you a bad student? I am seriously worried.

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Don't worry. Being slow isn't so bad. At least you don't have to wait for people. They have to wait for you. :D

PL

3. Depends what rules we are talking :cool:

I'd rather fight a thai boxer in MMA than a BJJ person or Judoka with striking history :eek:

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Yeah, but a BJJ guy will put you in a lock so you can tap out probably, where as a Thai Boxer will try to re-arrange your face. =/

PL

5. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

true but if he ignores your tapping and continue you'll have some serious damage somewhere or you will pass out and he can arrange your face too.

6. And a Judoka/BJJer dumps me on my a**e or puts me in a weird ankle lock that breaks bones before I feel it, I wouldn't be too chuffed, either.

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

1) We're assuming there is a ref there, right?

2) You feel it BEFORE it breaks. Not the other way around. Unless they are super ninjas and inject you with an ass-load of drugs before they do it to you.

PL

8. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Id rather fight either one than someone who knew both, like Silva(not positive, but believe he does both Muay Thai and BJJ).If I saw him coming at me with an angry look on his face, I would turn my tail and run the other way.

9. KatyBelle

KatyBelle New Member

I was also confused about whether i was learning kickboxing or muay thai and thought i finally got it sussed.

When i asked my Sensai he said that he calls it kickboxing because he doesn't include all the more disciplined/spiritual side of muay thai/thai boxing, what do you think?

I think a lot of what i learn centres more around a self defense point of view rather than in the ring training.

???

10. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

I had the pleasure of a Muay Thai taster session with Sandy Holt a few weeks back. That man is as hard as a coffin nail, only quite a bit funnier. If he didn't live in the wild uncivilised North, and I wasn't an old man with a wooden bladder and a dicky leg and asouthern softy to boot, I'd join his club. It's a really uncompromising art - fabulous. Mucho scary, mind.