Red Card - A student thing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Willsy, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Ok. I'm a university student so I flat with 4 other people. I'm not sure if anyone has ever come across this but one of the things flatters tend to do down here is pull a red card.

What this means is that one day of the year, each member of the flat gets to make up a day or whatever of activities, often centered around drinking, as a bit of a flat bonding thing. It's always a lot of fun, with examples being every member of the flat dropped off in a random part of town, handcuffed to someone, and they have to make it back as quick as possible. Another is one that some friends are doing soon, with a boot camp theme, where all the guys are shaving their heads, and they'll be made to do different exercises to make their drinking experience harder. A more normal one is the game hermit, where everyone gets shut in a cupboard/wardrobe, sometimes with others, with a 12 box of their drink, and they're not allowed out until they finish.

Basically, I'm looking for fresh ideas for my red card this year, as I'd like to pull it before easter, while everyone is here and it's not too late in the semester.

I don't think this breaks the ToS but if it does please let me know...

2. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

Pub golf. 18 pubs/bars (heretofore referred to as 'holes'). Pint in each one. Randomly designate 2 or 3 holes as 'doglegs' (must drink shot as well as pint). Reserve the right to call 'bunker' in however many holes you feel like - if bunker is called (and it must be called immediately you enter the hole) no one is allowed to visit the facilities for the duration of that hole.

Keep score - each hole must have a designated par (number of goes to finish your drink(s)).

1 under par - BIRDIE
    2 under par - EAGLE
    3 under par - ALBATROSS

If you down your pint in one, you score a HOLE IN ONE.

If you know more about golf than I do (not difficult - Crazy and Pub are as close as I ever get to the real thing, thank you very much) you could add in other variations for holes. Feel free to bring in forfeits etc if you don't think downing 18 pints is hard enough.

You can also play a 9-hole game, or opt for half-pints if your liver is cringing.

Top Tip - don't try bombing Baileys into Guinness in a dogleg - doesn't taste that bad but BOY does it bounce back............

Enjoy. :):evil:

3. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Hahaha that sounds pretty good, pretty lethal too. Hmmm...got me thinking now!

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

How hardcore are you?

5. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

I'm fairly hardcore, we've got a good reputation to keep at our uni :D

6. holyheadjch

Have someone drive the lot of you to the nearest motorway junction late (late) at night then give everyone the option of shoes or underwear. Then you get home. Fast.

For added bant, make it a condition that you must buy something from every petrol station on the journey home.

7. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Haha sweet, that'd be pretty funny. The motorway (proper southern one) is a fair way away too. Hmmm...

8. holyheadjch

I should probably emphasise the fact that you'll all be naked when you arrived at the motorway junction. Just in case I wasn't clear.

9. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Haha oh no, you were clear. The girls may not be game though...

10. holyheadjch

You could modify it so they can wear underwear and take a choice of shoes or shirt. That's probably fair.

11. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Very true, I shall see what they say!

12. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

New Zealanders have an unfair advantage there since they never wear shoes anyway.

13. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

That used to be true for me, but it's not very practical down here in studentville, glass everywhere 24/7

14. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

I used to live with a swimmer/water polo'er in uni and his wednesday night socials were always the same old, bathers and nothing else. Obviously there was broken glass everywhere, and he never did learn his lesson.