Recommend a punching bag

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Thelistmaker, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I'm finally shelling out for a decent punching bag. I've got a wavemaster XXL but it's too soft and has a habit of moving around the room when I hit it.

I do MMA and would prefer a non-leather punching bag that came with bag gloves and a stand that didn't take up that much space.

Any recommendations? So far amazon has a surprisingly good selection.

2. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Everlast ones are good. I got a Madison XXL and they are HARD! Good for conditioning your fists and shins, I suppose.

3. Kemposhot

Kemposhot Valued Member

+1 for the Everlast bags. Especially the bigger ones, they can take a good beating and will make your punches and kicks a lot stronger.

4. Emil

Emil Valued Member

out of interest, why don't you want a leather bag?

Em

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I've got an ex-wife who should be used as a punching bag, but that's probably not appropriate eh?

6. RhadeConstantin

RhadeConstantin King of Badasses

This made me lol so hard.

7. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

I don't know of many good ones with the stands tbh. The best bag I've see for decent money thats non leather is the MTG pro straight Hydro bag. The things basically a heavy bag made of rubber and you fill it with water then fit a nylon/spandex sheath over it. It comes with all the fittings and a set of gel bag gloves. The thing actually feels like smackin a person and gives a LOT of feedback to your boxing.

dont bother looking at the one video on youtube though because its not actually the same bag - its the same technology but it's a different shape and it's not been filled correctly so it looks like it sloshes around a lot.