REAL muggers and real self-defence....

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by KIWEST, Jun 30, 2010.

1. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

What's it like living in a world covered in cotton wool?

2. SB1970

SB1970 Valued Member

I believe they now teach the Security Services(MI5/6) that if they are caught in a corner were they may need to use "self defence" they are told to use " 5 seconds of extreme aggression" after that if you still in trouble there was no getting out of it anyway-if it's good enough for them it could be worth looking at for everybody else

3. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

Not sure what this cotton wool analogy means, so I cannot speak to it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I think he's saying you may need to walk a while in somebodies shoes before understanding their actions.

5. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

Understanding a criminal's actions does not negate the criminal's responsibility for his or her actions. A person makes a choice. So be it. Now let them take responsibility for their actions and not project that responsibility onto someone or something else.

6. Moi

Some people don't have that choice. If their family & friends are criminals then what chance do they have?

7. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

Good people come from bad families and bad people come from good families. It is an excuse to blame one's actions on other people or things.

8. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

People do not chose to be poor or placed in an area where there is little hope of work or amenities.

Then must they accept that they shall live there with little hope for the rest of their lives.

people could not go to shops and organise paying up for furniture etc because the companies refuse to give credit to ANYONE who lived in Possil etc.

You must spend time in such areas to understand how some see no other option.

9. d0ugbug

I know full well I chose to be "bad" and I came from a very well off home, I also fell in with the wrong people but to be honest at the time I didnt care it gave me a way to focus my anger and frustrations and beating the crap out of people at one time or another was considered fun for me! Judge me how you like I dont care.

But FOR some people they steal or commit a crime simply to survive, feed family, pay the bills etc. The choice of them is eat or starve, live or die.

10. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Saying that circumstances shouldn't affect one's choices is an awfully self-righteous way of looking at things. I agree that moral turpitude is of itself, something that should be shunned, but to say that one should not *cross the line* given certain circumstances & situations is completely ludicrous.

In order to help make my point, just think of the age-old example of several people stranded in a life-boat, and the dilemma of perishing or not depends on one's willingness to resort to cannibalism (obviously eating only those who are the worst off and not likely to last much longer). Since we aren't born with precognitive abilities, there's no way to know if rescue is imminent and if you wait too long, nourishing your body with food won't stop you from dying anyway (which most people don't realize). But selfishness only APPEARS to be the deciding factor in eating your fellow man, when the instinct for survival is really to blame.

11. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

edited​

12. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

I have made no judgements on anyone. What I have done is state that each person is responsible for their actions and each person has a choice. Shifting blame for one's actions onto someone or something else is rationalizing one's behavior. If you feel guilt from my statements, perhaps you know what I'm saying is correct. If you do not feel guilt from my statements yet continue to commit criminal acts, you lack humanity.

13. d0ugbug

If you had NO money, and there is no work how would you go about feeding your family?

14. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

You grow a big chip on your shoulder and feed off that?

Oh sorry, I thought it was one of those joke questions. In the UK (which Cardiff is, or certainly was the last time I looked) you get something called 'Dole money', and free housing. Then when a job is offered that pays the person £40 a week more than they get on the Dole, for working 40 hours — they say, "I'm not working for a Pound an hour" — it's called 'the poverty trap'.

I once worked in a Job Club attempting to get people into work. One guy talked about his 'entitlements'. I asked him why he thought he was entitled to a free handout when neither he nor his Father had ever done a days work in their lives, and he said, "Well my Grandfather used to work!"

15. d0ugbug

I was simply referring to people in the world where crime is the only option they have to turn to in order to survive.

16. koyo

They do NOT chose to be poor or refused to seek employment when the fact that they come from a particular district automatically causes them to be refused employment.

I worked where we organised five aside football teams. The locals had to buy football outfits.

At the end of the year news paper people would arive and the local " politicians" who had never been in the district would appear and have their photos taken to show how THEY were helping the local kids etc.

They would not give any money to buy some table tennis balls but would spend a fortune on meetings in expensive hotels to discuss how to ensure they would be elected at the next election etc.

The utter ridiculousness of riches for some against some money to others is distastefull.

Little wonder that some decide not to live by the rules of the rich.Many of whom are worse thieves than others.

17. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

Remind me NOT to go boating with you!:fight1:

For me, and the extremely overwhelming number of human beings, cannibalism does not even enter the realm of possibilities. Today is just a good a day as any to die...by starvation if it comes to that. But i'd at least like to know you won't be chewing my "tube-steak" after i'm gone.:lowblow:

18. koyo

You tell a junkie to get out of your sight when he was attempting to interest kids in dope.

He is too afraid to face you so he leaves. But before he leaves he informs you "I know where your mother shops I might just give her a little jag (needle).

What do you do? As a "reasonable" human being.

19. Moi

I used to know a lad about 5 miles from here. He sells drugs for a living. A hairy, hobbit like fellow. When he was a smack head he sneaked up behind an old age pensioner, old lady. Well he snuck up behind her and smashed her head in with a hammer to pinch her pension.

Should just execute smack heads. Every last one of them

20. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Watch "Alive."

Research numerous accounts of polar expeditions etc gone wrong.

You would do exactly the same as those people in that situation.

Mitch