Real life situations

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by -=|§ØÛ£|=-, Oct 22, 2003.

1. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

Hey folks. Just wanted to talk about some real life situations, lke being in a dark alley and you're attacked. I just want to hear your replies as to what you'd do. Who knows, maybe we could get good dieasf rom each other that mught help us out someday!

The first thing I'd probably do, if it was 1 guy, would be to qick talk my way out and ask what his problem was. If he struck at me, then I'd probably try to run or something. If I had ABSOULTELY NO CHOICE but to fight I MIGHT be able to bring myself to hurt him. If it were more than 1… I'm screwd :eek:

2. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

Hey, SWYE, I got one, but if noone else replies just check out the thread "Street Fights???" in the General Discussion forum.

Okay, it was probably about 9:30PM and I was walkin' home from the movie theater.

When I was a couple blocks from my house this guy I know from school came up to me with 2 of his friends and starting pushing me around.

He was sayin' stuff like I was talkin' crap about him and I was cheatin' with his g/f and just stuff like that. Of course I never did that stuff; It was all just rumors.

Well, anyways, I just ran off about ten feet and starting tellin' him that it wasn't true. He wouldn't listen to me and said that he and his buds were gonna kick my ass.:(

So I backed off some more and started askin' him if he was afraid of me b/c he needed 2 friends to beat me up for him and just a bunch of stuff like that.

He bought it and then said he would fight me 1 on 1. Now I knew I couldn't avoid this fight.:( So I waited for him to charge at me.

When he got close enough I sidekicked him in the stomach and he went down hard. I think I kicked his diaphragm. When he was coughing for breath I bent down and grabbed his hair.

I had to scare him and his buds into not attackin' me anymore so I gave him an uppercut in his jaw. Then I told him and his buds to never attack me again or else (I had to scare them).

Then I continued to walk home while his buds helped him up. He couldn't even look me in the eye for about a week afterwards.

3. killbill

killbill New Member

it is very hard to **** me off, i was hanging out with some friends and some other guy must have misheard me because he thought i was insulting him, he told me "you're about to get knocked fool" and proceeded to punch me in the face three times, i just looked at him and asked what his problem was, then his friend turned to him and told him i wasn't insulting him. He got pretty scared and kept apoligizing. It just goes to show you, even when hostilities have risen to violence there is still a chance to defuse a fight.

4. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

What are you doing in a Dark Alley in the firstplace?

5. BryanX

BryanX Valued Member

Maybe taking a shortcut back home.

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Best defence - no be there :D

---- or shortcut may be to ER :p

7. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

I agree with Yoda and SokKlab...you should stay out of those dark alleys. Best to take the long way home.

8. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

yeah seriously. ive never been in a dark alley in my life. either way i get your point and all i can say is that you should do all you can to keep from fighting because nothing tells you that he doesnt have a gun in his bag and when youre through using martial arts on him, hell pull it out and kill you when youre walking away.

9. hwarang

hwarang Guest

you should have gotten your mum to come and pick you up after the movie...

10. Mordred

Mordred New Member

Ever since starting MA I've been able to avoid fights. If I feel there is a potential fight and I can walk away, I just walk away - its not worth it.

11. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

I go down dark alleys

I walk where I want to walk but most importantly I don't portray the sterio typical "VICTIM" signs.

Never had any problems as the only problems I have had as an adult have mostly been in or outside clubs.

There is a case as right place wrong time though.

12. Jimmy Wand-Yu

Jimmy Wand-Yu Valued Member

Sonshu,

Do you look like the grappler in that pic? Then no wonder you have no problem when walking on a dark street at midnight....

13. Sonshu

Hi

Yep I am the guy on the bottom not the man mountain on top!

Still he is a wimp! - nah he is a good guy who is not only big but and experienced grappler who knows how to use his weight. Good guy to spar with but I am the dude on the bottom showing how to sweep a bigger guy on top during a ground fighting section of a seminar.

14. Jimmy Wand-Yu

To Sonshu

:) Really; you don't look very successful with that technique. I mean, how can you escape from that position? What techniques would you use?

Jimmy

15. Sonshu

Its part of MMA/Cross Training in other arts

There is a lot I can do from that position in pretty much this order:

a) Dont get caught in it is the most important one.
    b) Control him so he can not get any power to strike me, keeping him low to me and his arms and head tied up (negates head butts)
    c) Work a closed or good open guard to keep him controlled from the waist down.

These are basics to give me some fighting chance as he is 22-23 stone - then the techniques come:

a) Arm bar
    b) Key Lock
    c) Sweep/bridge - ground work wise (I did this as well do the weight was not a problem)
    d) chokes, guillotene (sp), triangle etc

There really is a lot you can do from this situation but its an area where many schools do not really want to look at, also I dont train with set weights of person in mind, I train with lighter quicker guys and heavier guys too.

Hope this helps.
    :)

16. Jimmy Wand-Yu

Sonshu, in that position he would chop a knee into your groin region, game over....

Jimmy

17. Sonshu

Not so

That is why you keep him close so he has no room to.

If you have ever watched a MMA fight you will see against an experienced ground fighter and noob will get controlled an pulled apart.

Watch MMA as they are aloud to do that in MMA events but never get the chance!

18. Sonshu

Oh

Also when we were sparring!

He didn't.

19. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

Ok, I watch this person take a basketball jersey, wad it up and stick it down the front of his pants. He strolls off into the parking lot. I follow him out(I work retail loss prevention), request he return to the store with me. He begins arguing with me, casualy reaches down to his back pocket( a very nonchalant gesture). I move out to the side, look at his pocket-has a 6" screwdriver.
    Make a quick decision(do I feel like getting stabbed today? UHHHMMM,NO!) I smile at him and say,"Please don't stab me with the screwdriver. Enjoy your jersey and have a good day." I slowly backed away and went back inside.

I entered a dangerous situation and walked away unscathed-the perfect self defense.

20. Togakure

Togakure New Member

You could get an errection, which makes them so embaressed (or disgusted) they jump off you in a panic.

Of course it could always be somone who likes it...... then you would really be in trouble. :D