Re: Forum areas

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by donald, Feb 11, 2002.

1. donald

donald New Member

I see listings for J.K.D., etc., but nothing mentioning the
    kenpo/kempo systems. Are they somewhere under the "karate heading? By the way I like the set up. I hope your able to be around awhile...
    :D

2. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Additional Forums...

Currently we just have the main styles heading (in our opinions) however we are willing to create new forum areas as required. As you can appreciate there are literally hundreds of different styles and the forum might become over whelming if they are all included to start with.

I've added a Kempo section to the Styles. In general we will add subheadings as people ask for them or as topic dictates.

Thanks for the feedback and with support from people like yourselfs we hope to be around for a long time. The more people who make suggestions and give us feedback the better we can make this community grow.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2002
  3. Kat

Kat Valued Member

Internal MA

Hey there,great emag!Thanks for putting the in hours!
    Wondering if you would consider expanding the Tai chi thread to include other Internal MA,(BaGuaZhang,XingYiquan,Yiquan,Pakmei,liuhebafa etc).
    I know its all debatable ,I don't even like using the word internal,but a lot of the other stlyes are gaining in popularity as much as what TaiChi enjoys.

4. waya

waya Valued Member

Cooler,
    Is there a possibility of adding a weapons forum? I would love to see Escrima (which I have a huge desire to train in sometime), as well as some of the more traditional weapons such as the sword or cane (which I use lol). Just a thought that may get more traffic going.

Rob

5. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

GREAT IDEA waya.

The weapon that i want to learn is the cane (cause of bad knee *LOL*) but i cant find any info on it. It would be nice to have a section that talked about martial arts weapons and even maybe people could summit forms for them.

THIS SITE WILL BE GEAT!!!
    -Chazz

6. waya

waya Valued Member

Chazz I got a GREAT tape on the cane recently... It was also used at the Bujinkan seminar I attended a couple weeks ago. If I can be of any help let me know.

7. Chazz

Killer, is there any way that you can make a copy of it and us work out a way of me getting it off of you. Or how to find out where i can get a cops of it.

8. waya

waya Valued Member

The tape is done by Ed Martin, a 13th Dan in Bujinkan.... The technique and explaination on the tape is great (in person he is phenomenal). It's on his site @ http://www.northampton1.com/Dojo or the TaiKai site @ http://www.taikai.com

He also has some really nice canes (I got the ash cane from him) on there... As far as the tapes I have seen on the cane so far his are the best quality.

Rob

9. Chazz

Kool, i will check them out and tell you what i think later.
    Thanks
    Chazz

10. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Well, there's already a section on "Kali" which is another term used for Filipino Martial Arts (the most common are "Kali", "Escrima", "Eskrima", "Arnis" and, while the terms have some historical differences, they are largely used synonymously today ... though "Kali" tends to refer more to blade-based arts and "Eskrima/Escrima" and "Arnis" tend to refer more to stick-based arts ... but that's a pretty big generalization and not always accurate).

Anyway ... maybe the "Kali" section should be renamed to "Filipino Martial Arts" (or just "FMA").

But the FMA are predominately weapon-based.

Mike

11. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Firstly I'll answer Kat's question.

We will add a section for internal martial arts and as people post they can start a new thread on the particular style they would like to discuss or just talk in general about internal martial arts.

I apologise if this site seems to lack on the internal side but is more due to my ignorance than any prejudice it as a side of the martial arts which I have only touched on so I do not feel qualified to discuss it. I am more than happy to learn and to add areas for the internal arts. I would also love to receive articles on the internal side of the martial arts to add to our article section.

Secondly you asked for a section on weapons you shall have it and we will also be taking pesilat’s advice and changing the Kali section to Filipino Martial Arts.

Cooler.

12. Chazz

Cooler,
    You are on top of things. Thats why you are the GREAD ADMIN *LOL*

Thanks for the weapons section, But what weapons would you like to put on there, or are you going to just make a sections called "Weapons of the Martial Arts" ??

I do agree with you about starting a new thread for topics, cause we have done that to a lot of the boards now.

13. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

:cry: I'm the one that made the section he just asked for them :D

14. Cooler

Ok make Ghostsuit feel wanted he put it up. (only cause I told him to) :)

As for which weapons that is up to you, at the moment we will leave it up as just weapons and see were it goes. If you want to talk about a specific weapon just start a new thread.

Cooler.

15. waya

waya Valued Member

LOL thank you both. Now I am going to have to run over to that section tonight and fill it up LOL

Rob

16. Chazz

OK SORRY Ghost,
    I also want to say thanks to you for putting it on here for us. Thats why your the "Gread Designer" *L*

You da Ghost!

Take it easy you 2 :)
    -Chazz

17. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Pats Ghost suit on the back and says well done!

Cooler has a nice collection of Brass Knuckles from his days on the door, maybe he could tell us about them!

18. Cooler

Don't know what your talking about (shuffles nervously)

Cooler.

19. Chazz

I was just thinking of what other kind of info we could have for people to write:

what about someone writting about self defence tatics. Kinda give some moves and things of that nature.

(whispers-sounds like something Melanie would be good at. but dont tell her i said that, she might beat me up if she found out. hehe :p)

Just an idea

-Chazz