Rational & emotional decisions.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by morphus, Mar 13, 2005.

1. morphus

morphus Doobrey

The other day I was debating with my wife, how we make our decisions according to our personalities & way of thought.
    It came about that i made 'immediate' decisions on a more emotional level that i attributed to being the front of my brain(not literally), yet sending my 'long term' (future) decisions - sometimes more important decisions - to the back of my brain for a much more rational & logical approach. Noticing that either one was capable of influencing the other in a small way :confused: .
    My wife however was almost complete opposite to myself :eek: .
    So decision making in the household is at times very easy, sometimes complex & sometimes heavily debated(who's aren't) :bang:

So how do you make your decisions?

How does your partner make their decisions?(if you have one)

Do you think theres more to it than that? ( i mean there is more to it but something i've missed thats crucial to you personally.

2. Da Xiong

Da Xiong Massochistic SOB

My wife is completely incapable to make any decisions whatsoever. The most indecisive person ever. Either she never cares about anything, or she believes i am clearly superior to all things and therefore i have to make all decisions. Usually making decisions involves me asking her what she wants, her saying she doesn't care, and then her getting mad at me because i didn't do what she wanted.... ugh.

3. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I'm with him. Exactly.

4. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Er...excuse me... :D

I have been in exactly the same position myself in the past. Except it was the man that couldn't make up his mind! I find I'm the long term one when it comes to decisions - my partner was all for making money and spending it today!

I've been told by my own Mum that I was boring with me money! - I don't think I am - why I bought two DVDs today as it happens Unfaithful & Solaris for £5.99 each. :D

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

My girlfriend is totally the emotional kind and will have rational thought AFTER the decision is made. A holder of 2 Masters Degrees in Global Business strategies and Finance, yet the most spoken word I hear from her is....

'Dammit! Shouldnt of done that'

Coincedentally thats what she said after I got her number......

6. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

I don't have a partner at the moment, but when I did I found I was very emotional. I did get paranoid sometimes (I'm certain my first boyfriend cheated on me) but have always been the one that ends up crying allot and laughing out loud...not at the same time of course.

My few ex's have had no emotional bone in their body, or they just cry when I am not looking. I tend to find I am more rational or some have said borring! huh!

Tansy

7. Shiho-Nage

Shiho-Nage I'm okay to go.

Solaris, what a great movie. Enjoy.

8. Squerlli

Squerlli Banned Banned

Uchi-mata then rolling kneebar. If your wife can't come up with a decision then keep cranking.