Random food thoughts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Alansmurf, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Heathen! Doughy soft white bread and ketchup!

2. HappyAiki

HappyAiki Valued Member

Bleurgh! You just picked the worst kind of bread in the world. Read how that soft white bread is made and feel ashamed of yourself!

Serously tough, that bread is crap. I prefer those properly fermented whole grain breads (with the extreme being the Abbendbrot) that are a meal in themselves. Also tried spelt bread and when I was in Portugal my local baker did this amazing corn flower and olive oil bread... YUM!

3. Ben Gash CLF

It is the perfect accompaniment for bacon (something which after all is likely carcinogenic and certainly high in salt and saturated fat). Would you be happier with an artisan made milk loaf? Would have a similar effect.

4. HappyAiki

HappyAiki Valued Member

Nope. Whole grain savoury bread. Slightly bitter to top it off. Yum

5. Ben Gash CLF

Good for a chicken sandwich, maybe OK for a BLT, just wrong for bacon or bacon and egg.

6. HappyAiki

HappyAiki Valued Member

I don't eat bacon. Prefer a good qualite ham. Prosciuto as the Italians call it, Presunto in Portugal. Muc richer flavour. Goes well with egg, lettuce, tomato and mayo.

7. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc[/ame]

8. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Its a sandwich with the filling being toast. Toast buttered on both sides and both bits of bread buttered naturally. An insight into the time my family was homeless and lived off cheap food :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

Honestly though, I still like them now and again.

9. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

As delicious as the cold roast chicken in a toasted sandwich sounds...I never got the point of potato in sandwich. Like chip butties. Seriously, it's just like munching on most of a loaf. If I wanted that many carbs, I'd have a few bags of crisps on the side.

I'm not sure if I want to slap you or hug you. Maybe both. Some of the things you come out somehow sound awful and yet incredibly delicious at the same time. :thinking:

Lies! Everyone knows its' the Full English that is the best in the world, black pudding an' all :). It's literally the food equivalent of love.

'Tis the only way to eat a bacon omelette. Sometimes requires a knife and fork.

[​IMG]

Ah, no. I haven't done that one. I like toast too much to do that, so I tend to take my time and savour the slices one by one.

Favourite comfort toast as a kid - cinnamon toast. Toast, butter, sugar, cinnamon. Om nom nom. I might make myself some more soon.

10. Ben Gash CLF

While I am a lover of the full English which yes must have black pudding, I have been known to stray in my affections and have had some serious indiscretions with eggs benedict and biscuits and gravy.

11. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

A sandwich extra tall, then, like two stacked on top of each other, like in the cartoon, right? I would make myself one sometimes when I was a kid, but I called it a "Dagwood sandwich" after the newspaper comic "Blondie." Alternating layers of meat, cheese, tomato, lettuce, mustard, mayo. :heart:

I don't do it anymore because my mouth only opens so far, and it's not acceptable for a grown up to make a big mess of his food. :p