Rainbow six vegas 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Bigshot, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Bigshot

Bigshot And im all outta gum!

Anyone got it?

Personally i find the online gaming epic, i havnt even played the story mode yet.

G3KA4 / AK74U + RAGING BULL = T3h w1n.

Ive been playing this to death and im already up to sergeant major.

If you fancy a game feel free to add me : Sgt Bigshot

Phill

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I was going to but it but the reviews have been mixed so I bought army of two instead, but I'm buying it if i can find it second hand

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

2 games I am looking at this week. Love to see more write ups on either of them.

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I've ordered army of two so i cant give you any info on it yet but I'll let you know ASAP if you're interested

5. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Rainbow six is..... ok.

Its no Call of Duty....

6. SWEHurricane

SWEHurricane Valued Ninjer

Imo the only good Call of Duty where #1 and #4, and they were truly awesome. #2 was ok, #3 sucked lard. Still have #3, haven't played it beyond the first two levels.

7. Banpen Fugyo

K I shall rephrase :D

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is no Call of Duty 4

:D :D :D

8. narcsarge

I would be interested indeed.

9. Bigshot

Bigshot And im all outta gum!

COD 4 is the biggest pile of crap ive ever had the misfortune to play, its just run and gun n00bishness. It took me just under a week to get to the highest rank the game is so skilless.

Id be interested in hearing about army of two to, it doesnt look half bad.

10. curious

curious Valued Member

I played Rainbow Six Vegas 2 its simply to slow for my taste plus the controls really bugged me, not my type of game.

As for comparing it to Call of Duty 4 you really can't as they are two very different games . Call of duty is a decent mixture of run and gun plus tactics you can simply run around but this will get you no where, it is by no means noobish run and gun (especially using the hardcore game types). Where as Vegas is completely tactics, its a waiting mans game and not my thing (I get bored camping)

It seems Vegas 2, from speaking to people, is a marmite game either you love it or you hate it. Personally I am saving my cash for GTA 4.

11. narcsarge

Thanks Big and Curious.

I tend to like games that are not run&gun stupidity. When you take the thinking out it, then it is truly..... "luck". I like Halo3 but it is my first and only online gaming experience to date.

As for GTA (any number; doesn't matter to me) that game will not enter my house. I don't mind driving games at all. Loved NFS! But glorification of senseless acts of violence. No thanks.

12. flaming

flaming Valued Member

How is killing people in halo 3 not glorifying violence but gta is?

It does seam in a lot of gmes the only choice I have is to kill people. Killing people would be a lot more fun if I had the choice to interact with people in different ways.

13. narcsarge

I am not on anyone that plays GTA Flaming. Not at all. I just don't care for games where the gameplay revolves around violence against "civilian" figures. I have nothing against people making their own choices and I don't get upset that games, such as GTA, are made. They just are not something I want to play nor will allow my 11 year old son to play.

14. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

GTA obviously does have violence in, nobody would try and deny that, but i don't think of the violence as the reason why GTA is so good. The sheer scope of GTA is why i love the games; being able to walk, run, drive, fly, or even swim anywhere i want to at any time in any vehicle i can see across a city the size of GTA IV's....that to me is an incredible feat for a game. The missions themselves are also extremely varied, the humour is there as well even if it is pretty dark at times, and the gameplay is extremely well put together. To summarise, the violence is only a small part of what makes a GTA game a GTA game, and to me not the most impressive.

Having said all that, i would not be recommending it to anybody under 18, certainly i'm not suggesting you buy it for your son narc!

P.S. If you like driving games try the burnout series, the latest one is pretty awesome.

15. curious

curious Valued Member

Got to agree with you there Tatsumura, about the latest Burnout. If you enjoy free roam driving then thats the way to go but if does get irritating as if you loose the race you have to drive all the way back across the city :bang:

Also has anyone heard anything about Battlefield: Bad Company?

16. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

'Tis a game with a curse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Banpen Fugyo

I dont think Call of Duty is run and gun. I mean, it IS possible to play it that way, and people do, but I think theres lots of strategy involved as well. Especially with things such as perks.

You have to remember, Rainbow Six isnt set in a warzone... COD4 is. Thats the main differnce I see... I mean, being spec ops or swat is going to have a different feel than playing as a soldier with a rocket launcher, ya know?

So while Im addicted to RB6:LV2 right now, COD4 still holds a special place in my heart.. and my trigger finger.

18. Dempsey Roll

Dempsey Roll King of Breakdance

I really like Vegas, personally. It's done more in the style of the classic, old-school shooter. That is - it puts gameplay above all else. It doesn't have the most amazing graphics and the story is your generic terrorist-wit-sum-bombz affair, but as far as multiplayer goes, well... everything is just about perfect. All of the different guns function well without being overpowered, the cover system is phenomenal and the maps are all really well done. Another one of the things that I personally think is great about Vegas is that the aiming in this game really does require quite a bit of skill, especially when compared to something like Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4, and you need to be smart about where you do and don't go (i.e. you can't run 'n' gun.)

Essentially, if you want a realistic tactical shooter then Vegas is for you.

19. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I'm playing through the original Vegas on the realistic difficulty setting now, it really makes you appreciate a lot more of the equipment in the game, grenades and flash bangs are absolutely critical to success and carefully planning as well. In addition, I find that there's a lot more to distinguish between the guns even though I swear the enemies go down easier if anything now, that last bits hard to explain but each fire fight is so much more down to the wire than in the original the difference between having to hit the torso or hitting the head for a one shot kill is really valuable with the guns with a heavier kick like some of the shotguns and some of that assault rifles.

20. narcsarge

Great reviews Slindsay and Dempsey Roll. I am taking my son out this afternoon to decide on R6 or Army of 2. Both will allow us to play the games together but having read your reviews, I am almost sure I want R6. Will let you know what we get this evening.

BTW, new maps coming out in April for Halo3! 800 pts! Wooo whooo!