Rafal Butkiewicz showing his Ninjutsu on a Heavy Bag

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by kheperure, Dec 13, 2013.

1. kheperure

kheperure Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbGvPTP3Xqo&feature=youtu.be"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbGvPTP3Xqo&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Are you Rafal?

Welcome to MAP :)

Perhaps you could post a little about yourself and say hi :)

Mitch

3. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

4. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Have you posted the wrong clip?

Is the Ninjutsu in a different one?

5. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Dean it wouldn't be Ninjutsu if you could see it...duh! :rolleyes:

6. Dean Winchester

Damn it! I always forget that.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No ninjutsu in that video - I did see a few balance issues which suggest the ol' taijutsu may need some polish

8. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Moody lighting!

Was the ninjerz in the shadows at the back? What was the guy near the camera doing?

9. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Black Dragon Society!!!

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

I'd like to make the following comments:

The leaning forward would worry me. I call it "hunting with the eyes". The eyes are searching for an opening and it leaves your forehead the most forward part of your body and completely unprotected.

At the end of each technique you stop as though the technique is over, rather than keeping the hands high, checking your balance and reaffirming to yourself your distance from the bag.

Take a look from 3m00s minutes. Each time you jab the bag your rear hand moves away from its guard. In fact it moves away from the opponent. This leaves your chin momentarily exposed.

Now take a look from 3m20s. Your lose complete control of the rear hand, which moves away from its guard and end up near your hip. The right hand side is without a defence.

At 3m35s the same happens when you throw a rear cross. The lead hand drops and exposes your chin. Someone is going to be throwing a hook right where your lead hand was (your chin).

From 3m55s you are leaving your rear foot "in the bucket, which means the punch is going the driving, not the legs and waist. By leaving your rear leg where it is you end up out of range. Look at your positioning at the point of contact. Your right hand side is rounded and you're reaching for the bag.

Fro 6m44s you are using the bag as a static target, rather than treating it like an opponent.
    The bag can actually make you slow and ponderous because you posture, wait, then load up on the bag. You should be moving, slipping, angling, covering, then bam, bam ,bam, check balance, angle off and start again, just as you would if you were on the jab and hook mitts.

From 8.00s you can see how you're just arm punching, rather than using the lower body. On a rear cross the knee, hip and shoulder should all be turned forward to face the target.

Sorry if that all sounds rather negative, but I'm sure you actually wanted some feedback when you posted the video.

12. kheperure

kheperure Valued Member

Accurate comment Simon , My training on the bag is used for training the speed and the strength of the application of various techniques. Training with the bag , there is no reason to keep guard or balance , the goal is the task of the greatest damage during the fight is not looking for a position that will allow for the use of the technology, just think of it as just doing the attack and you know 100% he will ask injuries.

I train Ninjutsu is not the ORIGINAL that I trained for five years, only Ninjutsu with complete training for the real Ninja . Normal advanced MMA fighter or apprentice other sports is not able to complete my training Ninjutsu , which is arranged in such a way that each successive workout is not related to the previous one.

Just train and earn a higher level of physical and mental skills , Faraway fighting in close quarters , many different types of melee weapons, and performing special tasks designed to educate you in that direction.

At my level Ninjutsu training starts from the first warm-up frictional strength .

A typical warm-up for the last two training sessions was:

squat 500
    Sit -Up 300
    Contralateral limb Raises 200
    Pull -Up 100
    HSPU 100

and

4 rounds

Run 400m 800m 1200m 1600m
    Muscle Up 10 10 10 10
    Burpee 30 30 30 30
    Dumbbell Swing 40 40 40 40
    Toes To Bar 10 10 10 10
    Squat 50 50 50 50
    Sit-Up 50 50 50 50

This is the basis , if you do not perform one workout to the end you have to stop training.

13. Dean Winchester

Which ryu-ha did you study and who was your teacher?

Could you tell us a little about the usage of the spinning elbow and how it relates to the ryu-ha you studied?

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

You should always keep guard and balance. The fact that you're training with a bag makes no difference.

Your hands drop, your balance is poor and why are you throwing an elbow from that distance?

15. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

There's no Ninjutsu in that video. Just looks like an average Joe wailing on a bag after watching a bit of UFC.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I just call it like I see it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  16. Dean Winchester

Don't be daft.

You are drilling bad habits for the context in which you are using your skills.

If you'd been working a pre-emptive "fight" ender from a dialogue or a fence then you might have an argument but that wasn't the case.

17. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

We do not rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.

18. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

I would ignore them they just don't understand your level of ninjutsu.

The way I see it is haterz are gonna hate.

19. hewho

hewho Valued Member

20. kheperure

kheperure Valued Member

Well ... Ninjas , the purpose of my post was reached .
    As you guessed I live in Poland , here the level of anything is so low that putting video on forums like this , users immediately grabbed the errors in training , it is a better way than I would go for advice to a pseudo coach in my area where I live.

Why Ninjutsu ?

I trained when I was young selected areas.

Taijutsu
    Kenjutsu
    Bojutsu
    Sōjutsu
    Naginatajutsu
    Kusarigamajutsu
    Kayakujutsu
    Shinobi - iri
    Sui - ren
    Bōryaku
    Intonjutsu
    Chi -mon

In terms of these have much experience with many superior ability of people whose shows can be seen on youtube.

Ninjutsu as I begin to practice it will last a whole lives.

Ninjutsu does not refer only to what for instance says Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi.

Many people are not taught to respect what is the basis for the introduction of training and laughing with people who practice ninjutsu, it is not a martial art, because it is not.

So sometimes I go to MMA clubs, I'm talking that i do Ninjutsu , then everybody laughs, and I then show them the my Ninjutsu that then they do not want to train with me more because my MMA stems from Ninjutsu.

Now i know that i should improve my guard and balance so thanks.