Quick Question!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by FortuneFaded, Feb 17, 2007.

1. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

Hey.

I've purchased protein shakes to use whilst i do weight resistance training but should i drink these shakes on my off days where i'm not working out? Or perhaps drink less shakes etc?

Any thoughts/.

2. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

protein shakes are for right after a workout. on your off days, just eat balanced meals. it'll be cheaper, anyway.

3. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Read the back it will tell you how to take it. If its just a standard protein shake than i agree with what Pauli said. one serving after a work out. But some are meant to be taken before a workout. Then there some like what i take that are intended to help put on weight and Im supposed to take 2-3 shakes a day. so it depends on what it is

4. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

What do you mean by weight resitance? If your aim is to increase strength and muscle size, you need atleast an input of about 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, so take it as much as you need to reach your goal. Protein shakes are not made for only after a workout.

5. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

You may need protein shakes to help your recovery so if you arent recoverng sucessfully over the next few days you may need a protein shake each day.